Hey Guys, I have a 06 230f with Coe jetting air screw 1 3/4 out in S Fla temp 85 Pro Circuit pipe,Uni Filter snorkel gone.When I start bike runs fine at idle but when try give throttle it pops and dies, even after long warm up Any suggestions?

Bad air cut diaphram cause several symptoms, could be that, Also could be the main jet blocked. But your pilot jet is good (:

Thanks, Not sure where diaphragm is are you referring to the rubber intake boot between carburetor and cylinder. I did take main jet and air jet out and shoot with carb cleaner.

Just now, wpb230f said:

Thanks, Not sure where diaphragm is are you referring to the rubber intake boot between carburetor and cylinder. I did take main jet and air jet out and shoot with carb cleaner.

Can you see through the main holding it up to light? The air cut diaphragm is under a flat quarter [25 cent] sized cover on the side of the carb. Check the main first, sometimes just checking the diaphragm will end in a tear

IMO:
One must set the float level properly before trying to diagnose any type of jetting issue on a 230f.

• Like 4

Years ago I did some tests on PD carb float level and found that 1mm low float needed 1/2 more turns out on the mixture screw and .5mm low was 1/4 turn more. I didn't test the needle or mains but I assume a similar leaness.

• Like 2

Hey Guys Really appreciate the help This morning I went out bike started actually rode it was popping bad Came home took carb off and clraned jets put everything back together Now back to starts wont idle then dies and will only run with choke 3/4 on I'm at wits end Almost ready go buy new carb and start all over

Have you checked and verified proper float level as suggested before. Have you checked to make sure you have sufficient fuel flow from fuel line when you turn the fuel on? There is a screen on the inside of the petcock that can stop up.

18 minutes ago, wpb230f said:

Hey Guys Really appreciate the help This morning I went out bike started actually rode it was popping bad Came home took carb off and clraned jets put everything back together Now back to starts wont idle then dies and will only run with choke 3/4 on I'm at wits end Almost ready go buy new carb and start all over

It did idle before which made me think the pilot jet was good.... but now it will not????. Running on choke means you are restricting the air in an attempt to counter a fuel starvation. If the jets are not blocked then it could be the small openings in the carb mouth. You can see their path almost like blood veins on the side of the carb. Often you can shine a light in them and see the light through the main jet/needle passage and the back of the air cut hole. One hole, on the right, if I recall does not seem to go anywhere. Mine runs fine with it seemingly a dead end. The bike will run fine with the float height high or low, but having proper height "standardizes" the symptoms so that advice on jetting is not a moving goal post. But, again, if the air cut diaphragm is bad then it will give all sorts of random symptoms. It can easily be blocked to rule it out as a possible problem. Take the cover off. It will have 3 screws, but once the cover is off, it looks like 4 holes. Block the hole that is covered that has no threads. You never remove the diaphragm. A bb sized piece of rubber, or anything that will seal off. I jb welded mine because I knew I wanted it gone to eliminate it as a potential problem.

Edited by 1gr8bldr

I'm gonna try all this tomorrow I really appreciate you guys taking your time to help Thank You!!!!!!

Hey Guys, Pulled carb apart soaking parts in carb cleaner, cleaned petcock filter Gonna put back together and forgot which way cut out in slide faces Anyone have a quick answer so I can get this thing back together?

40 minutes ago, wpb230f said:

Hey Guys, Pulled carb apart soaking parts in carb cleaner, cleaned petcock filter Gonna put back together and forgot which way cut out in slide faces Anyone have a quick answer so I can get this thing back together?

I can't remember but you can refer to rick ramzey's web page for details. when you are reassembling make sure you have the correct float level, inspect the float to make sure it isn't leaking either, check to make sure the check valve is moving freely, jets are cleaned, air filter good, check the diaphram, adjust air screw with the bike hot, make sure the rubber boot between the carb and engine head doesn't have a leak

Thanks Guys Back to the garage Thank You for reminding me of Rick Ramsey site. That was site I used when installed Coe jetting

soaking in a cleaner is good but before you spend the effort to reassemble, you should verify everything is clear. To much time to take it back apart. Verify the carb mouth small holes are clear, the pilot and the main. The pilot also has holes in the sides. The main jet holder screws out as well with holes on the side also.