New Bike Break-In and Riding After

Hey guys,

So I'm going to be breaking in the new bike soon (hopefully next weekend). Just went through and checked that all the bolts were torqued to spec (shop did mostly a good job); the only thing left is to stick on the hour meter.

I plan to follow the manual's break-in procedure exactly. My question is: would it be safe (to me and the bike, of course) to ride immediately following the break-in procedure? The nearest tracks are about an hour drive in any direction from me, so I usually like to spend a few hours there before heading back for the day. My only concern is all the metallic bits that will be floating around in the engine and coolant after break in. Of course when I return home I would change oil and flush radiator, but what do you guys think? I suppose I could change the oil at the track as long as I have a container to dump it in?

Thoughts?

Personally i wouldnt ride it normally immediately after break in (same day). The dealership told me to be easy on it for 10hrs, the book says 1hr. I gave it around 1-2hrs and changed the oil and filter. I would go with the owners manual says, but i wouldnt risk trying to force it all in one day.

• Like 1

You could i suppose once it completly cools. I also kinda like to take it home after intial break in and change oil.   Flushing the Radiator is a bit extreme. Heck if your worried just strain the fluid thru a paint strainer or even a old t-shirt. There not much in there small chips can hurt.  Any i would throw the fluid away is what im getting at.