Rmz450 radiator cap

So who here is running a 1.8/2.0 bar radiator cap ? I believe mine has a 1.1 or 1.6 and it looses a small bit of coolant during motos or on the gate ( seems like at the summer races I go to they always want to hold the gate for awhile) mine is all stock besides a pipe and lean coupler. I bought a gpi aka china 1.8 bar radiator cap to see if that will help. But where are y'all getting them from ? Was going to try the local parts store but they are to dumb to simply sale me a 1.8 bar or 26psi cap they will want to look it up by vehicle and I didn't see the point on paying 20$ for a tusk or cv4 cap.

Anyone had the 1.8 or higher help with overheating on a Suzuki ? Did some searching but hardly anything comes up bedsides a dirt rider article talking about how they change all of the jap's 1.1's to 1.8 or higher

Stock is a 1.1. I run a 1.6 and dont have issues. I do notice though if the system isn't kept full it tends to leak out the overflow. If you have overheating issues i wouldn't recommend evans because the boiling point is higher than the safe operating temperature of your engine oil.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm not having overheating problems once the bike is moving. It just pukes a little bit while on the gate

I'm running a moose racing (cheap crap parts I know) but it is a 2.1 BAR cap with Suzuki coolant. Zero overheating or puking even at the gate in Northern California at 90+ degrees outside.

• Like 1

I'm running a moose racing (cheap crap parts I know) but it is a 2.1 BAR cap with Suzuki coolant. Zero overheating or puking even at the gate in Northern California at 90+ degrees outside.

Sounds like 1.8bar will work for me just fine ! Thanks for the response. I use Preston and water mixed 50/50 ya ya it's not the best. But it works I guess lol.