What would you price this bike?

So i have a 1982 Yamaha XT200J that im selling. The bike is great and looks good still as well. The kick broke so i want able to ride it for a while and it been hard to start but thats it. What would you price this at?

IMG_4656[1].JPG

IMG_4659[1].JPG

IMG_4658[1].JPG

IMG_4657[1].JPG

A dual sport in good shape has value even if it is old.  1000 to 1500 depending on what issues it has.  Maybe a bit less if you are in a market where dual sports are plentiful or you can register off road bikes for the street.

9 minutes ago, mikedabike said:

A dual sport in good shape has value even if it is old.  1000 to 1500 depending on what issues it has.  Maybe a bit less if you are in a market where dual sports are plentiful or you can register off road bikes for the street.

Only thing is that its been a little hard to start due to not too much use recently, you think that would set back the price much?

Nice condition. If you're mechanically inclined or have a buddy who is it might be worth it to address the starting issue. Mike's appraisal sounds reasonable to me.

14 minutes ago, Flagstaff said:

Nice condition. If you're mechanically inclined or have a buddy who is it might be worth it to address the starting issue. Mike's appraisal sounds reasonable to me.

I think i just have to get it running three or four times. When i was riding this bike every day id get it started in one or two kicks. Hopefully this is it if not i have a friend who's a mechanic for BMW.

1 minute ago, jackmacc said:

I think i just have to get it running three or four times. When i was riding this bike every day id get it started in one or two kicks. Hopefully this is it if not i have a friend who's a mechanic for BMW.

Might try some fresh gas, drain tank, lines, carb. If you've already done that it could still be the carb. Disassemble and clean, replace the jets. just a few hours and a few dollars if you have the manual and tools. The friend is a plus. :thumbsup:

I agree that it looks really clean, but I think these guys are a bit optimistic on the appraisal, mainly because it's only a 200cc, but you are selling at the right time of the year to get the best price.

Fixing it so that starts like it should will help a lot. That machine will mainly appeal to new riders, who won't have the skills to deal with a fussy starting kick only engine.

I have to agree with HappyAndy. To the average bike buyer, I couldn't see getting more than $1000 for it. However, it is very nice, and there may be the right buyer willing to give even more.

I agree that it looks really clean, but I think these guys are a bit optimistic on the appraisal, mainly because it's only a 200cc, but you are selling at the right time of the year to get the best price.
Fixing it so that starts like it should will help a lot. That machine will mainly appeal to new riders, who won't have the skills to deal with a fussy starting kick only engine.

I was thinking of listing at 1200 as a soft price. I'm definitely going to get it starting smoothly first