2016 Shifting Issues??

Thinking about a 2016 450! Have always loved the RM and have owned Many far back as '78!!

A buddy of mine has a '16 450 and is having some false neutral problems between 2nd & 3rd. Anyone hear of others having this issue??

Thanks for any info!!

False neutral is not a huge issue that I am aware of. Some do shift harder than others though. ISF is a mod worth looking into on the RMZ. I personally have had zero issues with shifting. Butter smooth and never a false neutral that I can think of. 

I've got a "13" and a "16". I use the factory pro shift kit. Wasn't going to use one in my "16", but after riding it B to B with the "13", had to have it.  factorypro.com

2 hours ago, gordybaird801 said:

I've got a "13" and a "16". I use the factory pro shift kit. Wasn't going to use one in my "16", but after riding it B to B with the "13", had to have it.  factorypro.com

Were you having shifting problems with your '16 or just liked the action better on your '13?  Does your 16 have the mod now and if so, how is it working?

Thanks BDubb for your info!!

The "16" had no shifting problems. The "13" shifted better with the kit. Jumped on the "16".......not as good. Put the kit in my "16". Now it feels like the "13". Very Happy. The kit allows smoother, and yet a more positive feel that the bike is in the gear selected. Neutral is easier to find as well. Bought both shift kits off Ebay. Free shipping, better pricing. Easy install. Newfound confidence.

3 minutes ago, gordybaird801 said:

The "16" had no shifting problems. The "13" shifted better with the kit. Jumped on the "16".......not as good. Put the kit in my "16". Now it feels like the "13". Very Happy. The kit allows smoother, and yet a more positive feel that the bike is in the gear selected. Neutral is easier to find as well. Bought both shift kits off Ebay. Free shipping, better pricing. Easy install. Newfound confidence.

Thanks!!!

On 4/2/2017 at 9:51 PM, BDubb106 said:

False neutral is not a huge issue that I am aware of. Some do shift harder than others though. ISF is a mod worth looking into on the RMZ. I personally have had zero issues with shifting. Butter smooth and never a false neutral that I can think of. 

What did that cost you? 

6 hours ago, kcstein said:

What did that cost you? 

I don't have an exact cost. It was part of the package deal when I had the Yosh motor built. 

Having said that I believe it typically ranges around $100-150 by the motor building companies if you take care of disassembly and assembly yourself. If you check locally most of the larger machine shops have the ability to do it (it is literally just a large tumbler) for you and it will be considerably cheaper. 

Well worth it IMO!

Edited by BDubb106