More '17 450 excf 6 days problems

Yesterday at about 25 miles of desert riding, bike started to bog and few seconds later died. Couple weeks ago I posted about bike wouldn't start and seemed to be related to loose battery connection. So first thing I checked and was fine. Tried to check the fuel filter but didn't have tool to remove. Anyway bike started and ran a few minutes then bogged again and died. Felt like wasn't getting fuel. After couple minutes it would start and repeat same as I was working my way back to a friends camp. Then the fuel light came on just before it died. Next time tried to start but now no turnover. I jiggled the connection where filter is and then heard ? Fuel pump noise then started up.

at camp  I removed the filter cleaned with gas and air and rode fine for about  3 miles then bogged and died again. No turnover, jiggled fuel line, started up and rode about 10 miles no problem. 

Today I rode down my street. Washed it, and when tried to start no turnover, no power at all. Thought was fuel issue, now is this electrical? I have no idea what to check next.

desmog, tps .72, FMF F41

Check battery ground strap to the frame under the seat. In my experience they come loose due to its the same bolt used to mount rear fender and it works it self out from the fender bouncing during normal riding. Just my theory.  

Ok, took to the dealer as I was putting in Rekluse also. They said the ground wire was the problem, it was sparking for them as well. Replaced it and was working fine, rode the next day and no problems. He said this is second one he's seen with this issue.

3 hours ago, RSDdude said:

Ok, took to the dealer as I was putting in Rekluse also. They said the ground wire was the problem, it was sparking for them as well. Replaced it and was working fine, rode the next day and no problems. He said this is second one he's seen with this issue.

Good info to know.  No problems yet but I'll have to keep an eye on my 17 EXC 500.