250 exc to 300CC EXC or SX kit?

Hi guys i got a 2017 model 250 EXC i wanna convert it to a 300.

My KTM dealer sells a 300 EXC and a 300 SX, is it correct that the only difference is the head and the CDI box?

I'm using my bike for technical single tracks and some hillclimbs, which would be the right one for me and why? what I'm trying to achieve is a bit more traction and low end grunt, I think the SX will give me a lot of power  but isn't controllable enough, the EXC gives a bit less power but is more usable for what i wanna do, I haven't ridden with either of these kits before, so all I know is from searching around here and other pages, and most info is from older models, so i'm not sure it will be the same for my model, so please tell me you experiences

From what I've been told the exc and sx cdi units are now the same part number. They used to be different but apparently not anymore. I haven't checked this myself so it would be worth checking the microfiche. 

Before pulling the trigger on the big bore kit id recommend having your head machined first. It will give it a lot more pull through the rev range. It's only cheap to do and it might give all the extra poke you are after without spending big bucks on a 300 kit.

I have a 2017 300 and I have some 250''s too. They are all very close in performance.  The 300 does have a small advantage down low but it's not as clear cut as many say

first of all sorry for the slow reply

sounds like a good idea as the 300 kit is quite expensive, I can find a shop that can machine it, but how much should they grind of it? i quess its quite important to have the right compression?

good info that you have both the 300 and the 250, if its not that noticeable i might just keep my 250 and do the head

thanks for your answer