“Say it ain't so, Chad”

“Say it ain't so, Chad”

As the Monster Energy Supercross series winds down the battle for the Championship Title heats up between Dungey and Tomac.  Unfortunately, Chad Reed cost the fans a chance to witness the two best Monster Energy  Supercross riders go at it on a track that was challenging and  designed for good racing.  Chad was apparently upset at Dungey for coming over on him during the start in Detroit, along with his comments after the heat race.  I have watched Detroit several times and don't see anything other than guys funneling into a tight first turn, I call Detroit a racing incident.  Reed started his assault on Dungey during the heat race by crossing the whoops in front of Dungey on the first lap.  I am of the opinion that whoops are like big jumps, riders are committed and this is not a section to get aggressive.  The riders are in 3rd or 4th gear wide open and changing directions can cause them to drop a wheel which ultimately could be catastrophic.  Now if a 250 rider made that move I might chalk it up to inexperience, but as a seasoned veteran Reed knew better.  The move before the finish line was aggressive, maybe a little too rough for a heat race but I didn’t have an issue with the move.   

If this were a car race Reed would have been black flagged in the Main.  I know I have been very critical of John Gallagher, but as the FIM Competition Director this behavior falls under his jurisdiction.  I would like to know where he is viewing the race from along with how many other officials have eyes on the track.  If he is trying to do the job by himself, he is doomed to fail as it is impossible for one person to see everything.  Mr. Gallagher should have been on high alert after the heat race incident between Reed and Dungey, while not many people anticipated Reed blocking Dungey, Mr. Gallagher or someone in his crew should have noticed this and black flagged Reed.  Due to the inconsistency of punishments handed out lately I understand the hesitation, but something should have been done.  I would sit Reed out for Seattle, a similar punishment to Kyle Chisholm when he blocked Reed in 2009.  With millions of dollars and the prestige of a Supercross Championship on the line, it’s perplexing Reed chose this move.  If the Championship is decided by under 6 points many will look back on this moment in infamy. 

With four rounds left the intensity is as high as any series I can remember with so many questions to be answered in both classes.  Who will be champion?  Will mud be a factor?  Will somebody other than Reed play spoiler?  Will we see team tactics?  Is this Dungey's last season?  Will Joey Savatgy ever smile?  Can Mcelrath make up the points lost to Hill in Dallas?  Will Forkner get a win?  Will the mixed East/West shout out decide both 250 titles?  Whoever says Supercross isn't exciting clearly isn't paying attention.  We have drama both on and off the track, stay tuned!

View full article

• Like 7

If they're going to sit Reed out they might as well sit out Musquin and the rest of the white & orange KTMs and just let Tomac and Dungey out there for the remaining rounds.

Its insane how much butthurt there is over Reed, whereas those same people don't seem to mind Musquin following team orders to back it down behind Dungey.  That's absolutely against the AMA rules, just like breaking the blue flag rule.  It was clear as day that Musquin backed off.  Be butthurt over both incidents equally or have a nice tall glass of STFU. :) 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

If they're going to sit Reed out they might as well sit out Musquin and the rest of the white & orange KTMs and just let Tomac and Dungey out there for the remaining rounds.

Its insane how much butthurt there is over Reed, whereas those same people don't seem to mind Musquin following team orders to back it down behind Dungey.  That's absolutely against the AMA rules, just like breaking the blue flag rule.  It was clear as day that Musquin backed off.  Be butthurt over both incidents equally or have a nice tall glass of STFU. :) 

You're not comparing apples to apples. What Chad did was ignore the blue flags and violate the rules regarding lapped riders. What happened with Marvin is speculation on everyone's part. Facts vs. speculation. You're trying too hard Red, let the hate flow.....................

• Like 5

1 minute ago, katoom64 said:

You're not comparing apples to apples. What Chad did was ignore the blue flags and violate the rules regarding lapped riders. What happened with Marvin is speculation on everyone's part. Facts vs. speculation. You're trying too hard Red, let the hate flow.....................

Musquin looked like he was going Mach 1 when he ran up on Dungey.  He backed it down.

• Like 3

Just now, redrider144 said:

Musquin looked like he was going Mach 1 when he ran up on Dungey.  He backed it down.

Prove it. Did you channel Marvin while he was riding so you know what he was thinking? From everything I've read about Roger DeCoster, I'm doubting that he gave any type of order to let Dungey bye. ( See what I did there with the bye thing!)

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

It's amazing how butt hurt you are with the possibility of KTM making team orders but you were all about it when Marv and A Mart were battling it out in the outdoors. 

I will say this as well, Yamaha seems to not only be the shittiest team out there right now but over time they also seem to be the dirtiest team of all. #Yamalosers

• Like 5

This is a subject that is so hit and miss and subject to opinion as far as that goes. We've seen so many times when a guy gets blocked, or put on the ground by yes, even RD himself. Vince F has gotten away with deliberate acts of stupidity time after time often costing other guys much more pain and consequences.

Often the opinions seem to be very discriminating and inconsistent is what Im getting at, if it isnt or cant be consistent dont even bother!   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Even Ricky called MM out in the heat that he was catching Ryan way too easy then laying up & they were all talking about team orders, good drama for us & accurate info.  Fine Marvin.  

• Like 4

If there are team orders, and I'm not 100% convinced there are, then they are bad orders. If MM could have ran with and beat Tomac then Dungey loosing 2 points to Tomac is better than 3. 

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, katoom64 said:

Prove it. Did you channel Marvin while he was riding so you know what he was thinking? From everything I've read about Roger DeCoster, I'm doubting that he gave any type of order to let Dungey bye. ( See what I did there with the bye thing!)

"Prove it."  Well....  let's see.....   Let's take away "conspiracy" and look at the facts.  Yeah?  Good?  Ok!  Let's go! 

"Facts":  Musquin, (again) was up on the Diesel and without much trouble could have over took him.  Yet!  Oh no!  Say it ain't so Joe!, Marvin', where'd u go? 

Somehow Marvin found himself (what was it, 15+ seconds back?) 

Conclusion:  Common sense. 

Common sense:  Musquin was told to stand down.  duh. 

Prove common sense and reality isn't so. 

• Like 2

Marvin a Ryan are close. I doubt a team manager needs to setup anything they decide between them. Marvin has no chance at a championship. He does next year. Why would you piss your team off by taking inopportune points a away from the championship leaders at the end of a championship. Him pushing on rd only gives more chance for failure. Tomac is the one that needs failure to lose. Dungey needs opportunity win. The only thing that marv could do is maybe take tomac out. I think tomac when in the zone is dangerous to mess with though. His drive through the corner is like a freight train. Nothing is going to stop that force he brings with him. I can see these last races might really get crazy. Dungey does wild unorthodox sh!+ when it gets down to the wire. That double take down on himself and rv comes to mind...

• Like 1

I don't know, I can kind of sympathize with Reed.  I mean he worked his ass off for that 16th place finish (or whatever it was).  No way he was gonna let the Dung get him out of his groove.  The dude was in a zone.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, phantom451 said:

I think tomac when in the zone is dangerous to mess with though. His drive through the corner is like a freight train. 

yep

• Like 2

3 hours ago, katoom64 said:

I didn't have to channel anything.  I could see it clearly with my own 2 eyes from section 133.  There was smoke & sparks coming off of Musquin's front brake rotor, that's how hard he had to drop anchor to avoid punting Dungey into the stands.  

12 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I didn't have to channel anything.  I could see it clearly with my own 2 eyes from section 133.  There was smoke & sparks coming off of Musquin's front brake rotor, that's how hard he had to drop anchor to avoid punting Dungey into the stands.  

Was that the same brake rotor that slammed MM to the ground in practice?  Not saying you are wrong, but no proof, maybe he was sore?

If MM was given orders not to pass Dungey then Roger needs to pull MM aside for a crash course on "How to Sell You're Not Sandbagging 101".  Because MM really sucks at it!  :thumbsdn:

Edited by SpiderG
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, SpiderG said:

If MM was given orders not to pass Dungey then Roger needs to pull MM aside for a crash course on "How to Sell You're Not Sandbagging 101".  Because MM really sucks at it!  :thumbsdn:

I tell myself that once RD got into a groove, he rode away from MM and started to gain on ET.  Certainly that last part is true.  It did appear that MM backed it down at least for a few laps.  And I don't blame MM for not being able to give a phony press conference.  He is too honest for that.  

I don't think RD wants to win a title because the KTM riders sand bagged. 

It will be interesting to see what happens these final races.

NC

• Like 2

If he wasn't meant to pass rd why did he nearly slam into him ?He went totally off line and slowed them both dramatically. And why allow Anderson to get so close?? You lot would not make any kind if detective lol

• Like 2