Qualifying crash

Did anyone see who the rider was that crashed in qualifying (causing a read flag) it happened right in front of me, but I could not see the numbers (and they put him on a back board so I could not see the jersey) I think it was a B rider.

19 minutes ago, pittss1c said:

Did anyone see who the rider was that crashed in qualifying (causing a read flag) it happened right in front of me, but I could not see the numbers (and they put him on a back board so I could not see the jersey) I think it was a B rider.

Cody Gilmore.

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Cody Gilmore.

Cody crashed in the LCQ... there was a different one earlier in Qualifying... nasty in the rhythm section.

• Like 1

Just now, pittss1c said:

Cody crashed in the LCQ... there was a different one earlier in Qualifying... nasty in the rhythm section.

My bad.  I heard that Adam C crashed in qualifying but I didn't see it.

It must not be a well known rider, cause I can not find any news about it. it happened about 20 ft from me.

I am just curious what he hurt.

2 hours ago, Dodd H said:

Qualifying crash was Adam Gulley! Broken femur!

Damn.   I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

It seems like I am reading about a lot of broken femurs now.  It this because of knee braces?

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 1

Qualifying crash was Adam Gulley! Broken femur!

Aaron Gulley, not Adam. Sucks big time. Luckily (if you can call on luck in these situations) it was a clean break and he's already had surgery and is at home.
  • Like 3

I was right there when Adam cart wheeled his bike. it didn't look good. and then a second rider was carted off as well...

but what I want to know is who was the rider in the 450 qualifying that was on the husky 2 stroke....that guy was way out of his depth, I swear he almost crashed 5 times in one lap. he even did a superman seat grab just going through the whoops !

not that I could do any better, but it was painfull to watch

Edited by daled
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, CORider63 said:

50  178  Ronnie Ford  Husqvarna TC250  1:08.012   --.---   --.---   1:08.033   --.---   1:08.01

You must mean "Ronnie Mac" Ford....!

I was sweating bullets watching him turn laps...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

Supercross is like a German whore; you may love it, but she don't always love you back.

why bias. I don't think that is German specific..  

• Like 1

I was right there when Adam cart wheeled his bike. it didn't look good. and then a second rider was carted off as well...
but what I want to know is who was the rider in the 450 qualifying that was on the husky 2 stroke....that guy was way out of his depth, I swear he almost crashed 5 times in one lap. he even did a superman seat grab just going through the whoops !
not that I could do any better, but it was painfull to watch

Yeah it was Ronnie Ford. I like 2 strokes, but they just aren't competitive in the way tracks are designed now days. Steinke could pull it off in the nationals, but I just can't see it in supercross.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

Supercross is like a German whore; you may love it, but she don't always love you back.

SX doesn't have to love you, she just has to obey.  When she stops obeying it's time to pull out.  

• Like 1