Owners of Ktms with vforce 3 reeds read this!

I have a 2009 ktm 300xcw that needs reed petals so I called moto tassanari (maker of vforce) and told him my part number and he said because that reed cage design is out of date and is very common to destroy the bottom reed petal which is what happened in my case so he is selling me the new vforce4 reed cage at dealer cost 118$ and throwing in a free t shirt and free shipping.

I just figured I would let everyone else know in case they were in the same situation

• Like 1

Wish I would of know that when I had my 07 300.
I couldn't find petals for the
Vforce 3. So I ended up buying the vforce 4 at full price. The bike did run way better with the new reeds.

When I needed a set I got the factory 2014 or 2015 complete block with the reads included for $70.  Fortunately the block i got is good and the bike run great.

If you are in Canada... don't go this route. Greatly appreciate Moto tassinari acknowledging the problem and giving a break on the part, but they ship through FedEx which is a ripoff to Canada. When FedEx shipping is included, the VF4 can actually be purchased on eBay for cheaper. And now three weeks later I just got a BS bill from FedEx for $68 for "Clearance Fees"! My jaw is still on the floor... f FedEx. Going this route cost me an extra $80 over the identical part on eBay - because of FedEx not moto tassinari.

All that said, I really do like the performance of the VF4 in my 300 over the old VF3. Definitely recommend that upgrade.

• Like 1