Clutch Lifter Plate, Cam Plate, Clutch Ball Retainer Install

I pulled the right crankcase cover off a 2003 XR50R and a few clutch components fell off as I was removing the cover.  Are these components supposed to be held on by the cover or is something wrong?  I noticed the bolt in the center of the cover, but I didn't remove it (because the service manual didn't say to do so).  This bolt is aligned with the components that fell off after removing the case.

Screen Shot 04-03-17 at 01.16 PM.PNG

Okay.  Just wanted to be sure because there were no dowel pins when I removed the cover, so I was thinking maybe it got worn down unevenly over time (because the cover shifted).  Plus the off center portion is shiny and rough looking like it has been worn down.

• 4 weeks later...

I have everything back together and the bike started first kick ?.  However, I have small oil leak coming from the clutch adjusting screw/nut on the right cover.  Appears to be coming from between the screw and nut (as opposed to the nut and the cover).  Is there an o-ring or seal that needs to be replaced behind the cover?  There was a flimsy piece of rectangular shaped rubber behind the nut and that was it.

For reference:

XR50R_RightCover.jpg

Now that I'm looking at the diagram, is there supposed to be another small cover surrounding the clutch adjustment nut?  The bike I am working on has  what appears to be an aftermarket carbon fiber cover which is held on by the clutch adjustment screw lock nut.  Perhaps this is the reason I have a leak.

Edited by mossman77

Given that the oil is seeping out from between the screw and nut as opposed to the nut and cover, does it sound like I should replace the nut and/or adjusting screw as well?  You can clearly see how rusty it is.

Edited by mossman77