2017 ktm 250 xcf, fmf megabomb header worth it?

Hey guys I'm planning on buying a fmf megabomb header with 4.1 rear cannister for my 2017 ktm 250xcf. Do you guys think it's worth getting the megabomb header? I can't decide if it's worth the money and weather I'm going to gain any more power down low or if I'm actually going to lose power? Any opinions are appreciated. I'm using it in gncc style racing.

Keep us posted if you decided to get the FMF megabomb I was thinking of ordering one too 

1 hour ago, ktm112racer said:

I already have my suspension dialed just thinking about buying a exhaust now.

OK, you might not like to hear this, but with the FMF exhaust you're going to lose about 2-3hp in certain parts of the RPM range... I know, it hurts, but it's the truth... 

Sometimes the truth hurts haha.  I'd rather know then spend a bunch of money on something that will make my bike slower :thumbsup:

I sold my slip on fmf as I felt my 17 250xcf lost low end with it compared to stock.

Really that's crazy.  I was about to ask about a slip on then Kato says he felt like his bike lost power down low.  That's just crazy.  I'm bummed they look so good!  I had a full system on my 2013 back in the day.  I felt like it was more responsive down low but up top it might have lost power I'm not sure.  Anyone else tried one?  

do the gncc factory teams run them just for looks?

i have one on my 14 350 , set the many differences between the 17 250 vs 14 350 aside for second...  the part of the rpm range where i lost power was the part of the rpm range i rarely, if ever got into.  it dramatically changed the feel of the low end right off idle, and noticeably felt more torquey; that might have been a mask for loss of HP, but it made the low end much smoother and took away the hit the 350 had with the stocker, i ride woods and the 350 can be a handful at times.  i've have had several megas on several different bikes in the past and they all did the same thing, what i described above.   food for thought

Edited by DRS