Can't Find a crf230 Air Filter Cage

Hey, this is my first post here. Hopefully someone here could help me out.

I've recently bought a (heavily) used 230 from a guy a few months ago, and I managed to clean it up nice and get it running great. However, I've been afraid to take it on a dusty track near where I live because of a lack of a air filter cage. Currently the air filter is just held in place with the little metal bar that squeezes it on instead of having the filter properly attached to a cage. 

I've been looking everywhere on the internet but I can't find anything on a crf230 air filter cage, any ideas on where I could get one? I'll attach a picture of what one looks like from the manual.

cvbcvbcb.png

I'll look through my spare parts tomorrow... to see if I have one. Big game is about to come on

Any Honda motorcycle dealer or any on line/ internet Honda OEM motorcycle parts sales outlet.

I recently purchased two myself.

They are made of plastic and deform over time.

I don't see how the metal bar would be holding anything without there being a cage in there...

Also, since the metal bar is meant to contact the cage where it comes through the air filter... If there is no cage, then there is effectively a big hole in the filter... You need the cage to plug the hole

The previous owner bent the metal bar that's supposed to hold the air filter cage in so that the filter is squeezed in and sort of fits. The bike has been running like this since last summer on a very dirty track almost every weekend, still works somehow

You have direct dirt injection into your engine then..

Nothing even holds the air filter sealing surface in place without the cage...

Oh alright, that's the right year and everything. Thanks for the help man.

And yeah, this bike has been eating straight dirt for ages and doesn't seem to really care, runs and shifts with no issues. Honda did a good job on making a bulletproof engine I guess

And yeah, this bike has been eating straight dirt for ages and doesn't seem to really care, runs and shifts with no issues. Honda did a good job on making a bulletproof engine I guess

That was a lucky guess. Maybe I ought to buy a lottery ticket today! Rocky Mountain always has a good selection of OEM parts. I had to get a filter cage for a TTR125 from them a few years ago.

5 hours ago, Hudson9700 said:

The bike has been running like this since last summer on a very dirty track almost every weekend, still works somehow

that's what keeps most of us here....unlike most other models out there currently....the little 230 just keeps working somehow...!

fix your cleaner, then fluff up the suspension and try not to show every tooth in your nasty a$$ mug, while beating the crap out of it on the trail...

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hudson9700 said:

You need to roll your luck over into some lottery tickets real soon..

Nobody...... Seriously nobody has made an engine  bulletproof enough to run dirt through the engine unaffected...

The dirt will chew up rings, piston, cylinder wall , valve guides with equal gusto in all cases.... It will also embed in those components such that they are continually abrasive....

It will also embed in the valves and valve seats... Making them both abrasive.... One of the big reasons to not replace valves without cutting fresh sealing surface on the valve seats... If you put a new valve in on an old seat, even if it sealed well the new valve would begin wearing at an exponential rate from the old seat being abrasive....