03 WR450 Oil reservoir bypass

OK here is what I have, I picked up a 03 WR450F and now its time to get it going. First off the frame oil reservoir has been by-passed. The lines from the motor to it were removed. On the side of the motor there was a single 2 point line going to the top of the motor. I have replaced the single 2 point line with the original 3 point line, and Replaced the missing lines going to the reservoir from the motor. After filling with fresh oil I am not getting any return to the reservoir. Yes I put the correct amount in and ran it up and down the street before checking. I haven't been able to find any information about deleting the reservoir modifications. I don't know if there was something else that  I have to put back in the system to bring it back to original.

Once I get past this issue I will tackle the 03 starter problem.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

PS I tried to attach a picture but it failed

If you remove the oil pump, you will probably find that a previous owner has converted the oiling system from a dry sump system to a wet sump system.  This was briefly a semi-popular MX race mod, the intention of which was to reduce and lower the weight of the oil carried on board.  The downside is that it reduces capacity by something like 50%. There is almost no advantage to the system other than the loss of the weight of 800cc of oil or so.

The modification removes the return oil pump rotor set and blanks off the return passage, rerouting sump oil to the feed side.  To reverse this, you will need to remove the existing oil pump and the plate(s) found in the crankcase pump cavity and replace them with a complete new set of OEM pump and rotor parts.  After that, oil to the feed side will once again come from the frame tank, and picked up sump oil will be routed back to the tank.