High bars or risers?

Coming off a Wr450f with risers and now riding a '17 300rr. I find the stock bars very low (I'm 6'3") on the beta causing me to lean too far forward and want to know what others have done to solve. Bars or risers, or both? How high can I go with stock cables and wires?

I put Enduro Engineering bar risers on when I got my 300rr using the stock bars.  I'm 5'11" but have a 29" inseam on a good day... I am all upper body.

Last weekend, I splurged and mounted a Scotts steering damper with BRP sub-mount kit with essentially does the same thing for the bars as the bar risers did at a much higher price.

I've tried both.  I prefer the risers.  Keep in mind if you go with high bars it can be more difficult to mount certain hand guards as the brackets won't line up as easily.  I went with some REALLY high bars on my old KTM and realized I couldn't get the Cycra ProBends to mount properly without bending the shit out of the aluminum bars.

I'm using cycra pro bend now and would prefer to keep the guards and cables, but raise everything up as much as possible

I like the risers because you can customize the height. If you get the high bars then you are stuck with what you have. Strange thing is just 5mm makes a big difference. 

• Like 1

So far I've kept the stock bars but mounted them on a BRP Sub Mount. Standing is MUCH more comfortable now, plus I'm planning to add a stabilizer soon anyways so it was a no-brainer.

(6'4" on a 500 RR-S)

• Like 1