Won't go into neutral and locks up in gear

Hey Peoples. I have a  kx450F 2010. My bike won't go into neutral and locks up in all the gears. The bike runs mint other than that problem. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanks ?? 

16 minutes ago, Savagedogg said:

Hey Peoples. I have a  kx450F 2010. My bike won't go into neutral and locks up in all the gears. The bike runs mint other than that problem. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanks ?? 

If you take of the right side engine cover and the clutch basket you can see some of the gear  mechanism.

Look if something is broken or if everything looks ok.

Also look so the bolt  on gear lever hasn't come out and hooks up somewhere

Start with that

Edited by skorpan777

Hey skorpan, yea Iv taken the covers off on both sides. I'm not really sure what I'm looking at but is the clutch basket the thing that's got 4 bolts with springs then all the clutch plates and stuff inside? I took those bolts and plates out but didn't want to dig to deep incase i was digging into the wrong area. Even when the bikes off it has no neutral and will only roll with the clutch in. With out the clutch in it feels like it's in gear. Appreciate it thanks

Edited by Savagedogg

Can you find any gears at all? Does it feel like the shifter is clicking? Can you get it into a gear if you roll the bike forward and backwards while trying to shift.

#1 Get a shop manual and start reading. 

You'll need it to properly reassemble everything. With those symptoms, I'd be looking at the trans gears/shaft on the drive side or the shift drum/fingers are jacked up. But sounds to me like some split cases are in order because typically what your talking about is not an easy fix. 

Edited by XtremeDuners

On Tuesday, April 04, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Savagedogg said:

Hey skorpan, yea Iv taken the covers off on both sides. I'm not really sure what I'm looking at but is the clutch basket the thing that's got 4 bolts with springs then all the clutch plates and stuff inside? I took those bolts and plates out but didn't want to dig to deep incase i was digging into the wrong area. Even when the bikes off it has no neutral and will only roll with the clutch in. With out the clutch in it feels like it's in gear. Appreciate it thanks

The gearchange axle goes from from your gear changer on your left foot thrue the engine to the right side to a mechanism behind the clutch basket.

The mechanism you looking  for is behind the clutch basket on the bottom. So you need to take out the complete basket

Here is a link to the service manual, same as the shops  use.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/827707/Kawasaki-Kx450f.html

Edited by skorpan777