Found a nice 2016 crf250l

I'm new of a few weeks. Wanted a new rally. My dealer should have one in just a few weeks out the door price $5800 non abs. But I have still been looking for a nice used low mileage 15 or 16 model crf250l. I'm in Mississippi. Today I found 16 model with 1,400 miles never been off road. Looks new had first 600 mile service. Bone stock will be a year old in July. So it still has a little factory warranty left on it. I can buy it for $3,400 seems like a good deal to me. What y'all think? I'm 56 had all kinds of street bikes and raced motor cross as a kid. Now I just want to putt putt around town and hit a few trails. I have read lots on here and I know I want the 13 sprocket and the cbr300rr clutch up grade with heavy clutch springs. I might pop a few wheelies every now and then. I don't want a aftermarket exhaust or tuner. I know it's not a power house. But I know from my other bikes that a sprocket and heavy duty clutches with springs make a huge difference. I will keep everyone posted if I get it. It's about $2400 less than a rally. I'm sure next year they will be lots of rally's for sale at a decent price.

Michael

• Like 3

$3400 is a steal!!! 

I bought my 250L new in 2014. I'm 55 years old and hadn't been on a motorcycle since I was around 26.

The next year I decided the 250L wasn't going to cut it on the highway and bought a BMW G650 GS Sertao. The BMW was nice on the pavement but truly sucked off road. Heavy as hell when you have to pick it up!

Since 2014 I've done every mod except the 305 to my 250L. I now have the bike at the point where it it is an absolute pleasure to ride on and off road! My BMW is now my to and from work bike. If I had to get rid of the bike it damn sure wouldn't be the 250L!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ridem32 said:

I found 16 model with 1,400 miles never been off road ... it still has a little factory warranty left on it. I can buy it for $3,400

Buy it today and mod to taste with the money you saved.

I got mine in a very similar situation. Got it used with super low miles for $2800 (guy was moving out of country and forced to sell quick), I used the savings to mod mine from stem to stern and ended up paying the same amount as a new one. 

• Like 1

Buy it, deals like that don't come by often.  Was looking for a deal like that for more than a year, couldn't find one, settled on my '16 new at the end of the season for $5K OTD, and even at that it was well worth the price.

• Like 2

Don't be at all surprised if Honda introduce a 300 Rally for the US next year anyway. They've already got the engine and the competition are coming out with the BMW 310 GS. 

They have the jump on the competition now but once the Versus 300 and BMW 310 GS eat into Rally sales they'll likely respond with the 300 engine just as they did with the CBR 250 going to the 300.

So better off buying a well priced used 250l and riding it for now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, alucard0822 said:

Buy it, deals like that don't come by often.  Was looking for a deal like that for more than a year, couldn't find one, settled on my '16 new at the end of the season for $5K OTD, and even at that it was well worth the price.

Our Canadian dollar is so weak right now a new L is $7200 OTD up here.

Don't be at all surprised if Honda introduce a 300 Rally for the US next year anyway. They've already got the engine and the competition are coming out with the BMW 310 GS. 
They have the jump on the competition now but once the Versus 300 and BMW 310 GS eat into Rally sales they'll likely respond with the 300 engine just as they did with the CBR 250 going to the 300.
So better off buying a well priced used 250l and riding it for now.

Thats ok, Ill be surprised.

I'm trying to sell mine. 
Check out the thread "testing the waters"
 I have a shipper and everything that I use. He is great, has great rates also. 

Could not find testing the waters. But use Tapatalk for my forums. U got a link?