2007 yz250f ticking noise HELP!!!

Hey, my yz250f is making a ticking noise that sounds  like it's coming from the top end, the bike has a wr250 head, new bearings, new crank, new piston, new cylinder, and a cam chain. Is it the valves making the noise? Here's a vid of the bike running. 

I appreciate any help thanks.

I'd also check to see that the tensioner is working properly.  May not be fully tightening the chain.  But, really sounds like valves to me.

• Like 1

I checked the tensioner it's working properly. I checked the valves and there is a too much clearance on the exhaust valves(.30mm). could this be the problem?

I adjusted the exhaust valves then started the bike and it started making the same noise. I took the head off and found an intake valve marking on the piston. Does this mean the valve is heating the piston?

What was the exhaust valves shimmed to?  What are the intake values?  Are you using MM or thousands?

Your OP says this is a new head, but it really does not look like it.  Are you thinking the center intake valve is hitting the piston?  I'd expect to not see as much carbon on the valve if it was hitting the piston and I don't know how long it would survive if it was.

How difficult is it to start the bike when it is cold?

The exhaust valve measured (.20mm) after I adjusted it. No I said wr head. Yeah because if you look at the pics I sent the center intake valve has the least carbon build up on it like you said you can see in this pic. It starts with first kick some times two without the choke on. IMG_2291.JPG

What area the intakes shimmed to?   Are the cam chain guides installed correctly?  Sorry, don't have any other ideas.

What area the intakes shimmed to?   Are the cam chain guides installed correctly?  Sorry, don't have any other ideas.

The intake valves have .13mm clearance. I took the flywheel off to see if everything is good but I found that the cam chain guide is getting the counterbalance shaft when it spins. IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

On 4/15/2017 at 9:29 PM, Maamoun Seklawi said:

Idk, I'm going to buy a new chain guide.

Did you figure out why it rubbed up against your guide?