Cr 125 WON'T START!..

Hey guys I have a person who I want to buy a 1996 cr 125 from. He said he put many new parts like Ignition coil, spark plug, stator with 0 hours, motor covers, levers, graphics, spark plugs,cleaned carbs and more.  He did a compression test that gave him 145 psi. He also said the bike was running about a month ago.

With some research I realized one of the problems I am having is after a few pulls of the clutch the actuator arm is sliding out and not getting and engagement.

Not sure what's wrong with your top end, but it sounds totally screwed. It should not sound anything like that. That sounds totally dead, like no compression  It should make a "ba-wahh" type sound each time you kick. Your bike does nothing. I'm betting no compression. I call BS on any 145 PSI claim someone told you. 

People do strange things to bikes. If they were owned by a teenager, they are even worse. I'd strip the bike down and rebuild it.  125 two strokes are really simple and cheap to repair. You can get a brand new Wiseco piston kit with gaskets for $100 on Ebay. Send the cylinder somewhere like Ken O'Connner to get replated.Put a new clutch and you have a new bike. 

Edited by Rockinar
  • Like 1