Disagree with you regarding Dungey

Look I am sorry but Dungey was a huge let down for me at St. Louis. I am not sure what everyone is watching this season in their defense of him but I feel he has been totally unprepared for this season. His starts have been atrocious, tons of mental errors, off the pace as well. Look you say what you want about Reed but I think Dungey is a fool. He left his championship to chance and here is what I mean. Tomac put a pass on him in the first lap of the main that to me said "I want it", at any point Dungey could have block passed Reed if he really wanted to but he left it to chance by hoping Reed would pull over. How can you guys not see that?

Dungey is also way off the pace. Musquin was constantly checking up. Period, this is what is going on and if RD can't win by being the BEST MAN then he needs to step aside.

Also his interviews were a total disappointment. So in his heat race he complained about Reed's riding. He was racing for the line for the lead and blocked Dungey in the over under. Can someone tell me why that was not a clean, legit pass? That wasn't Dungey's line, they were battling for it. Then to here RD just whine about Reed, I was just horrified. It is like he wants this title just handed to him and is kinda being a princess not getting her way. 

• Like 3

I agree with you.  But I don't understand why everyone feels the need to write a book about this situation or start multiple threads.  The horse is dead & everything about the situation could be summed in two sentences.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

I agree with you.  But I don't understand why everyone feels the need to write a book about this situation or start multiple threads.  The horse is dead & everything about the situation could be summed in two sentences.

You know what Dungey needs right?

Look I am sorry but Dungey was a huge let down for me at St. Louis. I am not sure what everyone is watching this season in their defense of him but I feel he has been totally unprepared for this season. His starts have been atrocious, tons of mental errors, off the pace as well. Look you say what you want about Reed but I think Dungey is a fool. He left his championship to chance and here is what I mean. Tomac put a pass on him in the first lap of the main that to me said "I want it", at any point Dungey could have block passed Reed if he really wanted to but he left it to chance by hoping Reed would pull over. How can you guys not see that? Dungey is also way off the pace. Musquin was constantly checking up. Period, this is what is going on and if RD can't win by being the BEST MAN then he needs to step aside.

Also his interviews were a total disappointment. So in his heat race he complained about Reed's riding. He was racing for the line for the lead and blocked Dungey in the over under. Can someone tell me why that was not a clean, legit pass? That wasn't Dungey's line, they were battling for it. Then to here RD just whine about Reed, I was just horrified. It is like he wants this title just handed to him and is kinda being a princess not getting her way. 

I disagree with your disagreement. Dungey has multiple big bike championships because he races in a disciplined, strategic manner. I don't think he needs advice on how to bash into hot heads like Reed. Then he'd be another Barcia with disappointed sponsors and a poor finishing (starting) record. Dungey's "bad starts" this year have often been the result of first turn mayhem, which he manages well. He's stayed up every time and hasn't damaged his bike which would lead to huge point losses (Tomac, Osborne). He hasn't put himself in a position where winning ten of the final fourteen races isn't good enough to take the championship. Tomac's been impressive. However, we'll never know how impressive Dungey would have been over the same span had he been in Tomac's position.

Part of minimizing his risk includes expecting other riders to follow the rules. Football would be a completely different (and probably much more entertaining) sport if players didn't have to follow the rules.

I think Dungey had something for Tomac Saturday night. It's too bad Reed had to ruin it for him and all the fans wanting to watch an important championship battle. Dungey wasn't going to possibly give up huge points to Tomac by being as big an idiot as Reed. Reed is a proven hot head with nothing to lose. He still thinks he's relvant as he continues to ride over his head, making unforced errors leading to crash after crash. Inevitably, he gets lapped which gives him the opportunity to "race" with the leaders and show everyone he's just as fast as they are for a lap or so. Sad, and a dangerous wild card for the true contenders.

Dungey did the right thing. He minimized his risk forcing Tomac to likely need three wins in the final four races to take the title. Dungey can be so strategic because he has the speed/control to execute such a plan. Nothing new here. He's done this year after year with Hall of Fame results.

• Like 2

:cry:Dungey was scrwed.  Whaaaa...He's only one his championships by faster guys falling.  He'll lose this one cause the faster guy remained.

Dungey wasn't screwed. He chose not to screw himself. Most riders can be faster if they don't mind crashing their brains out. Dungey has forced plenty of "faster" riders to ride over their heads, leading to the "falling" you mention. Falling wrecks lap times and point accumulation. Truly "faster" riders wouldn't end up on the ground. Points aren't scored by occasionally being the fastest in a sector of the track. They are awarded by actual finishing order and accumulate week after week. These "faster" riders seem to forget that. Dungey's long, successful career is evidence he comprehends these simple rules. He'd operate differently under PBR rules.

• Like 3

Dungey wasn't fast enough to win Period. And if Marvin hadn't purposely backed off in the heat and in the main Dungey would have been in third place. Tomac put it on cruise control and could have pulled it back out anytime he wanted.

I automatically don't care about Reed not letting off because Dungey should have been in 3rd if everyone was actually racing to win (Musquin)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, motrock93b said:

Dungey wasn't screwed. He chose not to screw himself. Most riders can be faster if they don't mind crashing their brains out. Dungey has forced plenty of "faster" riders to ride over their heads, leading to the "falling" you mention. Falling wrecks lap times and point accumulation. Truly "faster" riders wouldn't end up on the ground. Points aren't scored by occasionally being the fastest in a sector of the track. They are awarded by actual finishing order and accumulate week after week. These "faster" riders seem to forget that. Dungey's long, successful career is evidence he comprehends these simple rules. He'd operate differently under PBR rules.

Cool story.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

:cry:Dungey was scrwed.  Whaaaa...He's only one his championships by faster guys falling.  He'll lose this one cause the faster guy remained.

One, no.

Won, yes

WTF is this?!?!  Another thread about dirt bike racing?!?!

Shouldn't you all be arguing about the best bike?  I guess we aren't even to page 2 yet, so this thread still has potential.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, motrock93b said:

I disagree with your disagreement. Dungey has multiple big bike championships because he races in a disciplined, strategic manner. I don't think he needs advice on how to bash into hot heads like Reed. (Where did I say he needed to make the jump straight to bashing into Reed? I have not made that connection whatsoever and if you read some of my other posts you would know I am totally against dirty riding) Then he'd be another Barcia with disappointed sponsors and a poor finishing (starting) record. Dungey's "bad starts" this year have often been the result of first turn mayhem, which he manages well. (Not sure what season you have been watching, he has been late on the gate and he also was the one that instigated Anderson and Musquin to jump. Regardless your point is not one, last year he was on his starts this year he is not and again if you are going to leave that to happenstance, go right ahead) He's stayed up every time and hasn't damaged his bike which would lead to huge point losses (he has been very lucky because he has been banging bars back there) (Tomac, Osborne). He hasn't put himself in a position where winning ten of the final fourteen races isn't good enough to take the championship. Tomac's been impressive. However, we'll never know how impressive Dungey would have been over the same span had he been in Tomac's position. (Speculation. What is actually been happening factually this season?)

Part of minimizing his risk includes expecting other riders to follow the rules. (100% could not agree more. Part of the reason I admire Dungey) Football would be a completely different (and probably much more entertaining) sport if players didn't have to follow the rules.

I think Dungey had something for Tomac Saturday night. It's too bad Reed had to ruin it for him and all the fans wanting to watch an important championship battle. (You are blaiming Reed, Reed has nothing to do with Dungey losing. Does everything just come down to circumstance for you? Or do you understand it is up to Dungey to pass Reed and go after Tomac, no one elses) Dungey wasn't going to possibly give up huge points to Tomac by being as big an idiot as Reed. (Dungey could have gone inside and made a nice block pass at any point, like the one Tomac put on Dungey. Why do you instantly go to acting like an "idiot"?) Reed is a proven hot head with nothing to lose. He still thinks he's relvant as he continues to ride over his head, making unforced errors leading to crash after crash. Inevitably, he gets lapped which gives him the opportunity to "race" with the leaders and show everyone he's just as fast as they are for a lap or so. Sad, and a dangerous wild card for the true contenders. (Are you watching the series or just a couple of races?)

Dungey did the right thing. He minimized his risk forcing Tomac to likely need three wins in the final four races to take the title. Dungey can be so strategic because he has the speed/control to execute such a plan (Did you not watch Musquin check up on Dungey several times? If there were no team orders Dungey would have been third.) . Nothing new here. He's done this year after year with Hall of Fame results. (I noticed as well you have done nothing to address the heat 1 interview and Dungey complaining and whining about Reed. BTW I am a huge Dungey fan, St. Louis happened, period)

I agree with you about Ryan's Heat One interview, JZ. There was nothing to be gained by that comment. Dungey's recent interviews clearly show he's a man under pressure. Alternatively, Tomac shows nothing but confidence in his interviews. No arrogance at all. He speaks like he rides.

• Like 1

Look I am sorry but Dungey was a huge let down for me at St. Louis. I am not sure what everyone is watching this season in their defense of him but I feel he has been totally unprepared for this season. His starts have been atrocious, tons of mental errors, off the pace as well. Look you say what you want about Reed but I think Dungey is a fool. He left his championship to chance and here is what I mean. Tomac put a pass on him in the first lap of the main that to me said "I want it", at any point Dungey could have block passed Reed if he really wanted to but he left it to chance by hoping Reed would pull over. How can you guys not see that?
Dungey is also way off the pace. Musquin was constantly checking up. Period, this is what is going on and if RD can't win by being the BEST MAN then he needs to step aside.

Finally, someone other than redrider sees what we see.. welcome to the club buddy. Dungey will fall like the city of Rome and will be forgotten like the city of Pompeii.