450 fx gearing.

Have you guys changed the gearing on the fx to make them better in tight St. I'm thinking about going to a 51 or maybe a 52 tooth rear.  I want to be able to ride a gear higher.  

I'm running 12/51 and it is awesome.   People say the bike will just spin or wheelie uncontrollably with that gearing, but with the right map, it is magic.

12/50 would be fine too.  I'm running 12/51 because I used the rear wheel from my YZ250FX and it has a 51 tooth sprocket on it.  I run 12/51 on it too.

12 tooth sprockets are cheap and easy to install/try. 

My test for gearing is that the bike has to be able to run as slow as a 300cc 2 stroke at idle.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J D R said:

Have you guys changed the gearing on the fx to make them better in tight St. I'm thinking about going to a 51 or maybe a 52 tooth rear.  I want to be able to ride a gear higher.  

The 51 isn't too noticeable. I run a 52.

1 hour ago, MidlifeCrisisGuy said:

I'm running 12/51 and it is awesome.   People say the bike will just spin or wheelie uncontrollably with that gearing, but with the right map, it is magic.

12/50 would be fine too.  I'm running 12/51 because I used the rear wheel from my YZ250FX and it has a 51 tooth sprocket on it.  I run 12/51 on it too.

12 tooth sprockets are cheap and easy to install/try. 

My test for gearing is that the bike has to be able to run as slow as a 300cc 2 stroke at idle.

thats what im looking for it to run more like my 300 on tight st.  what map are you running i need to order a tunner.