looking for name of nevada dualsport ride

cant remember or find  the name, seems it had silver state in its title, limited registrations, desert and mountain terrain, sound familiar?

found it, nowonder I couldn't find it, I read an old article from moto usa, now gone, and the invite only, "Nevada 200" is the name, they just held their 31st annual.

Sorry for late response, actually it was their 33rd year in 2017 and the ride was last weekend... Saying it was EPIC!! doesn't do it justice, Yes it is Invitational Ride but that is more to guarantee spots it typically always sells out but sometimes they come up on entries so it never hurts to reach out to BITD (Best in the Desert Racing) to try to get in. What made it so epic is that we had stellar weather conditions, it snowed there Thursday and part of Friday. Caliente NV is roughly at 4800 elevation and we rode up as high as 8000 ft. so the snow on part of Friday and Saturdays ride was anywhere from 6 inches to 18 inches deep. Dirt was PERFECT so as they say tasty chocolate cake but with all that moister there was plenty of frosting too. This is not only a DS (dual sport) ride as it is open to plated and non-plated bikes. No plate means no highway riding is all but you never have to see pavement unless you are either tired of riding or run out of talent.  Many mixed emotions since Casey Folks had passed away earlier this year but Scott Harden, Darryl Folks, Chris Carter, Jack Johnson, Beta M/C, Donald and so many others really pulled this together, so good times riding with legends and sharing bench stories along with mixing it up a little out there, this is not a race but there is always a little pushing going on since no one wants to be last or get an award. These courses were marked out last year by Casey before his passing and with him speaking to the good Lord in Heaven made this an event to remember this year raising the FUN FACTOR with the epic weather conditions. 

I've raced NHHA, BITD V2R and BITD Nevada 1000 through this area and you honestly never know what to expect... GREAT TIME on 2 wheels and once you get past the riding, the views, the people you meet you raise the bar with the Whistle Dick Awards at Saturdays Banquet... I am still laughing my butt off from last Saturday Nights festivities... You have to try it... I can't wait til next year.

If you are on Facebook check out "Nevada 200 Trailride" you find some great videos n pics from this and previous years and good way to stay in touch for future...

thanks for the post DD, ive been looking for something like that, I emailed my interest, knew it was a spring event, just waited too long, im a huge fan of south eastern Utah, beef basin, manti la sal, comb ridge, basically canyon country river adjacent, theres no group events within the area, till further east toward Colorado. then looking further west, I remembered this Nevada ride. i love the desert to higher elevation rides, giving  more variety, and challenges, similar rides ive done with Arizona trailriders over in Wickenburg, Prescott, "howlin at the moon",  ive ridden sweep with la b to v, that dosent apply, up north, the rat dog in Tillamook Oregon, proud group of dedicated single trackers. living on top of the cajon pass, my backyard offers lower elevation winter options, and the heat of summer, mountains are perfect. im up for giving next years ride in caliente the shot, the group rides offer great post ride entertainment, my group would really enjoy, this last fall i finally got on the no wimps ride, met Malcolm and son, and got what they offer, some of san jacintos tough canyon trailing, i haven't had much experience with, i earned the tee shirt, but couldn't get anyone else to participate. the caliente mud hills look a lot like anza Borrego, and probably the same maze type of trailing. im guessing your doing a 3 day ride Friday-sunday?.

Edited by xrjones
  • Like 2

XRJones, Is this Jerry from D38? If so this is Dave AMA D38 District 50+ Stewart and AMA D38 Congressman - Competition Committee. If not Jerry XR Jones you are living in my back yard as I'm based out of Temecula an I've ridden with Malcolm for many events and always a good time. I also have been running up to Montana to ride and visit JN Roberts 7 times over the last decade. He has a great place for staging rides or just riding on the property an the bench racing stories are epic, I've also gotten to know some peeps out of Clancy MT that have some great routes up there. I just picked up my first dual sport since most my bikes are all race bikes for either desert, GP or MX. I'm working over my DS now to uncork it but have a desert race in D38 tomorrow morning. I'm also connected to the PTR Group through Mark B out of Mayer AZ and have friends in Prescott. I'm planning on the Big Bear DS ride and maybe BtoV this year but have to also check family/race schedules. Shoot me a PM sometime as I've been looking for some other DS riders to head out with sometimes.

nope, i rarely do d37 enduros anymore, raced mx many moons ago, now just enjoy group and solo exploring the desert, mountains, and the unknown obstacle around the next turn. Montana is beautiful and big, been up there a dozen times, and barely scratched the backcountry, i favor utah, and particularly moab, and surrounding backcountry, it highlights my summer trip  for a couple weeks in the area every year, ill live somewhere in the area some day. we did 3 days last weekend in the panamint mountains west death valley, the loop around southpark canyon to pleasant canyon is incredible. next trip is copper city mine northwest of Barstow, highlight points of interest are Tonka town, xb70/f104d collision crash site, husky monument, and inscription canyon, around cinco de mayo. id love to hear more about Roberts, hes got to be close to malcolms age, another desert legend. ill pm my email for future interests. thanks for the ride insight.

• Like 1