How much front fork oil on a 1997 RMX250 with standard forks?

Redoing the forks, can't seem to find information that is not related to the RM250

but I guess it's a motocross setup so wouldn't work too nice on the RMX, any tips

are much appreciated.

Thanks

3 hours ago, ThePlague said:

Redoing the forks, can't seem to find information that is not related to the RM250

but I guess it's a motocross setup so wouldn't work too nice on the RMX, any tips

are much appreciated.

Thanks

oil.jpg

In my Clymer manual it says Front Fork Oil Capacity And Type for 93-on RMX250's it says 653mL or 22.1 U.S o.z and oil type is Suzuki SS-05. And for Front Fork Standard Oil Level it says for 93-on RMX250 Oil Level should be 87mm or 3.4in. If you don't believe me I can get you some pics. 

That's one of the problems with clymer manuals, and why I don't buy them anymore. 93-on RMX did not use the same forks. 96-98 Suzuki ditched the USD forks and went with 45mm conventional Showas on the RMX.

The above info is the exact same as what's in my 1998 OEM RMX service manual.  

Ok. You got the right info there for your 97 assuming your forks look like those. The 96-98 RM 250s also used a conventional fork, but were  49mm twin chamber design, and once re-sprung/valved, a better fork. I wouldn't be surprised to see RM forks swapped onto a RMX. 

@ 165 lbs. I ran mine at 110mm to help with bottoming resistance in the last 1/3 of the stroke. Heavier riders typically go with heavier springs....

1 minute ago, Jeremyf1 said:

Ok. You got the right info there for your 97 assuming your forks look like those. The 96-98 RM 250s also used a conventional fork, but were  49mm twin chamber design, and once re-sprung/valved, a better fork. I wouldn't be surprised to see RM forks swapped onto a RMX. 

@ 165 lbs. I ran mine at 110mm to help with bottoming resistance in the last 1/3 of the stroke. Heavier riders typically go with heavier springs....

Interesting, that was for a friend's bike and he is quite heavy as well, will let him know that cause I think that he was going for standard settings.