Shock linkage help

Guys,

I'm trying to remove my shock linkage but I'm having a nightmare removing the bolts. The owner before neglected the bearings. I already replaced the shock bearings since they were shot. I tried to push the bolt that is in the subframe but it won't come loose. Neither will any of the other linkage bolts. Have any of you had this problem and what did you do to get the bolts out. I'm assuming they are seized in due to neglect.  This is for a 2001 yz 250

Some PB blaster penetrating oil and a little heat goes a long way. An impact wrench or hammer drill does wonders too. I had a linkage on my RMZ450 that would not come off, no matter what, so I ended up buying a used one of eBay for like 40 bucks or so.

Yep, blaster or penetrant oil is your friend. Let it sit, once nut is removed, get a drift pin AKA big fricken punch, and start busting the rust loose. 

Hopefully, the nut won't snap. I've had the worst luck with bolts breaking off with this bike. Sucks that people don't take care of things. 

• Like 3

Ok so i got the bolt out after an hour of pounding with a sledge with the help of my brother-in-law.  The needle bearings on the relay arm were destroyed.  I cant seem to get the bearings out even with a press.  The lip is just bending inside the bearing housing.  I might just replace the relay arm but its expensive and dont know if newer years are compatible.   Any suggestions guys?

I finally got the bearings all out.  DAMM, those things were seized in there.  I used a lot of pb blasterm then it in the wise and heated it up.  It was tough but they came off.

• Like 3