Why was Reed in 16th place anyway??????

If anyone here actually attended the race you may have insight the rest of us do not.  So until there is any evidence to the contrary, I am assuming Reed intentionally hung back in 16th place waiting for Dungey.

Yeah I know there are a ton of Reed/Dungey threads but nobody has mentioned this yet.

NC

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I think he fell asleep.  Us old guys need our naps and sometimes we'll take them ANYWHERE

Ain't that the truth!  First main event this year I didn't fall asleep before hand.

• Like 4

I agree I think he was waiting for him, why else would he be riding slower then suddenly be able to wick it up.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

If anyone here actually attended the race you may have insight the rest of us do not.  .......

well I was there, and I can't assume what Reed was thinking...but these facts I do know...

there was tension generated in the qualifying time, but I didn't see it (beer-run)...In a gate side interview, Reed made a rather subjective statement prior to the heat races, something like "we will see what comes around" (paraphrasing)....I have no idea what he was referring to but it did raise my eyebrows.....

During the main reed didn't get a great start, and he didn't look like he was pushing like he was in the heat race, but once he had the Dunge directly behind him, It seemed to me that he actually rode at a much faster pace...(just not quite as fast as dungey wanted)

Please note: several times during the 3 laps of "blocking" Reed actually had a couple of bike lengths on Dungey, and again in MY eyes Reed was "blocking" Dungey about as much as Dungey was "blocking" Marvin...

But I didn't here any whining from the Moosky....

Its racing lets move on.....

• Like 3

Haha reed letting Ryan know that he hates him because he wants to be him.

Reed is not finished. I don't think he realizes the astrisk he might create with a takeout next week.

4 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I agree I think he was waiting for him, why else would he be riding slower then suddenly be able to wick it up.

Probably pride.  No different than when Musquin and Dungey were coming up on Stewart last year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Same reason Marvin was?

12 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I'm actually surprised you feel this way.

But I agree, I mean he was on pace in the heat. And I don't think his fitness is so bad he's only ever a heat race guy like Malcom. He's had 2 podiums this year? Anyways I think everything Chad did was calculated and deliberate. 

• Like 6

Just re-watched the main.  Chad got a bad start & it looks to me like he intentionally sat back waiting for Dumgey.  Have to thank for Reed for spending 5k of his own money to give us something exciting this season.  It is blatantly obvious he was calculated & deliberate.  But he also caused the points to close up making it even more exciting going forward.  Looking forward to next weekend!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I think he fell asleep.  Us old guys need our naps and sometimes we'll take them ANYWHERE

So old, when I watched this video, all I thought was "wonder how long Travis spent in bed to recover after that day of riding?"

http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/03/weekend-of-dirt-bikes-with-pastrana-windham-cue-and-more

Edited by Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I knew Chad wouldn't let me down!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, daled said:

well I was there, and I can't assume what Reed was thinking...but these facts I do know...

there was tension generated in the qualifying time, but I didn't see it (beer-run)...In a gate side interview, Reed made a rather subjective statement prior to the heat races, something like "we will see what comes around" (paraphrasing)....I have no idea what he was referring to but it did raise my eyebrows.....

During the main reed didn't get a great start, and he didn't look like he was pushing like he was in the heat race, but once he had the Dunge directly behind him, It seemed to me that he actually rode at a much faster pace...(just not quite as fast as dungey wanted)

Please note: several times during the 3 laps of "blocking" Reed actually had a couple of bike lengths on Dungey, and again in MY eyes Reed was "blocking" Dungey about as much as Dungey was "blocking" Marvin...

But I didn't here any whining from the Moosky....

Its racing lets move on.....

That kind of lends credence.

NC

Edited by NumberCruncher

7 minutes ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

So old, when I watched this video, all I thought was "wonder how long Travis spent in bed to recover after that day of riding?"

http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/03/weekend-of-dirt-bikes-with-pastrana-windham-cue-and-more

Hmmm, some thoughts:

1. I need a nap after watching that.

2. A steering stabilizer is a really, really good thing when riding a dirt bike across a lake.

3.  Brett Cue looks too much like Barcia, kinda makes me not like him very much.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Hmmm, some thoughts:

1. I need a nap after watching that.

2. A steering stabilizer is a really, really good thing when riding a dirt bike across a lake.

3.  Brett Cue looks too much like Barcia, kinda makes me not like him very much.

I just don't like him cause he's white.  

• Like 4

I bet when Reed closes his eye's all he sees is Ryan saying

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

Now Reed has something to prove at Seattle for sure.

Edited by RollieW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RollieW said:

I bet when Reed closes his eye's all he sees is Ryan saying

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

He's a lapper

Now Reed has something to prove at Seattle for sure.

You mean how many times he can block Dungey while he's being lapped?

:smirk:

• Like 2