'Snot' roads-and other things going on

Went on a short ride Mon PM.  Dirt road from house to pavement, 3miles, was just snot and trying to keep upright was 'fun'.  This is 2nd worse year since out here, county poured pea gravel on 21st and was absorbed almost immediately.  Can-Am belly rubs on ruts, KLR too heavy to manage, and the 'L' is only option.  The car and 4X4 pickup also play slip sliding away trying to get to US 77 on the dirt roads.  And with the weakened hands the 'L' is a challenge.  Surgury to maintain is on 12th so after all surgeries I am off bikes till maybe late June early July, we will be 'dry' by then.

Track is actually drier than roads, as designed in some water runoff's.  Lake Ceresco the SW corner is still an issue as lower than areas around it, so waiting on equipment to cut a tranch and put concrete culvert in.  Grand daughter gets her new sponsored bike here in 2 weeks, straight from factory, but will need to do some modifacations on it.  Racing head, FMF pipe system, upgraded suspention and still a middle of the pack bike (Chinese Clone, 2017 Apollo RFZ Racing DB-X18 125cc Dirt Bike) but full sponsored, travel, parts, entry etc, so no complaints.  Obligated for 10 races for the season unless injured, doable, Minn to Colorado, to North Texas, some fun times ahead.  She is practicing on her KLX 110L but with the new bike and no more 'little wheel' disease she will get faster.  I just don't know if I can make the Apollo truly competitive.  She will be on a SSR 150 next year and again full sponsored 2 year 'contract'.  Hopefully she will qualify for Ponca in the Girls 9 to 11 classes this year.

Edited by oldsoldier173
  • Like 1

Went on a short ride Mon PM.  Dirt road from house to pavement, 3miles, was just snot and trying to keep upright was 'fun'.  This is 2nd worse year since out here, county poured pea gravel on 21st and was absorbed almost immediately.  Can-Am belly rubs on ruts, KLR too heavy to manage, and the 'L' is only option.  The car and 4X4 pickup also play slip sliding away trying to get to US 77 on the dirt roads.  And with the weakened hands the 'L' is a challenge.  Surgury to maintain is on 12th so after all surgeries I am off bikes till maybe late June early July, we will be 'dry' by then.
Track is actually drier than roads, as designed in some water runoff's.  Lake Ceresco the SW corner is still an issue as lower than areas around it, so waiting on equipment to cut a tranch and put concrete culvert in.  Grand daughter gets her new sponsored bike here in 2 weeks, straight from factory, but will need to do some modifacations on it.  Racing head, FMF pipe system, upgraded suspention and still a middle of the pack bike (Chinese Clone, 2017 Apollo RFZ Racing DB-X18 125cc Dirt Bike) but full sponsored, travel, parts, entry etc, so no complaints.  Obligated for 10 races for the season unless injured, doable, Minn to Colorado, to North Texas, some fun times ahead.  She is practicing on her KLX 110L but with the new bike and no more 'little wheel' disease she will get faster.  I just don't know if I can make the Apollo truly competitive.  She will be on a SSR 150 next year and again full sponsored 2 year 'contract'.  Hopefully she will qualify for Ponca in the Girls 9 to 11 classes this year.

I feel your pain on the competitive bike. I road raced a Hyosung 650 twin against Suzuki 650s that were 20 pounds lighter and up 10 hp on me. Still, sponsorship makes all the difference, its nice just showing up and riding on the other guy's dime.
  • Like 1