Showa SFF Air tac suspension settings

Looking for some info on suspension settings to use on my 2016 KX450 SFF Air Tac setup. I just started racing hare scrambles in Florida and its mainly sugar sand. The stock settings are way too stiff. Front tire just wants to wash out in turns so i know I have to lighten the psi a bit. Stock settings recommended are: 174 psi for INNER chamber. 14.5 psi for OUTER chamber and 203 psi for BALANCE chamber. I know thru many hours of riding I can dial it in myself but I figured there has to be someone on here who rides sand and has saved settings they use, Any help is appreciated!

Edited by SeanScott

There is an app for the fork settings called Showa support, or sff air support.  You can get it on ios and android.  The stock settings on the 17' model have changed to 152 inner, 16.7 outer, 174 balance, and 220ML of oil.  I too am trying to actually dial my suspension in on the 17' kawasaki.  I had to crank down the rear spring as the sag was way way off from stock.  Youtube has alot of great vids on fork settings as well.

Yea I downloaded the air support app but unfortunately I'm not a suspension tech and don't have much experience with it so the chart makes sense to some degree but don't know what's too low or too high for the woods and sand racing. I'll dial it in after time. I'll just have to watch more YouTube videos. I'm going to give the 2017 settings a shot at the race this weekend. Thanks for the reply!

Try releasing the outer Chamber air pressure  . Your preload will probably become excessive and end up reducing your balance chamber pressure  as well as increasing you inner pressure for bottoming resistance 

• Like 1

I just called the local race shop (WMR) and asked if they had any racers running hare scrambles with my setup. The settings they gave me were slightly different than stock but I feel like it'll still be stiff. I'm going to go with the settings they gave me and adjust lower front here if needed. The settings they gave me are
Inner: 188psi
Outer: 14.5psi
Balance: 217psi
Oil: 345
The stock settings are
Inner: 174
Outer: 14.5
Balance: 203

Yea there's a ton of air pressure related info, and not much clicker, hi-low speed info out there.  Btw, does your fi light blink when kicking over your bike?  Then disappear when it fires up? 

Def the most info I've seen about it. I appreciate the help. And on mine, that button isn't for FI, it's the easy holeshot device. Should be the same on your '17. If you hold it down for a few seconds after starting it, it will be a solid light instead of blinking. You can drop the clutch without the front end popping way up. It works great.

yes the launch control light, it also serves as a type of check engine light..it blinks on my bike when I am kicking it over.  I thought there was something wrong, but called Kawasaki and they said it is normal, as long as it doesnt stay on while riding if you havent pressed the button. 

Ohhh I gotcha. Yea mine blinks when I first try to start it. I was told to just not give it any gas until the light is done blinking.