pennsylvania Blue Mountain Ski area hare scramble?

A friend is trying to get me to go to this event on May 14th..  http://www.evansvillemxpark.com/Default.aspx?ID=12

Though I've been riding motorcycles for 20+ years, I'm pretty freakin new to dirt..  3 days with Ike DeJager has helped a ton, but I still have just a handful of days under my belt.

So the big question is - is this event just too damn much for a newbie?  I'd be in the C Senior class but that only matters if I finish!

You've got 5 or 6 weeks, get out and ride a couple of times a week and you should be fine. All depending if you are really a road racing expert. Sliding a bike around is mostly the same, asphalt or dirt.

That said,  I have zero experience with competitive dirt bike racing. I'm old and slow. So you probably need to listen instead to someone who regularly races in these things.

I'm riding RAC tomorrow, come join us.

Just go and have fun!! I am sure you will have a blast. Then again I have never raced either. lol

17 hours ago, eskimo1 said:

A friend is trying to get me to go to this event on May 14th..  http://www.evansvillemxpark.com/Default.aspx?ID=12

Though I've been riding motorcycles for 20+ years, I'm pretty freakin new to dirt..  3 days with Ike DeJager has helped a ton, but I still have just a handful of days under my belt.

So the big question is - is this event just too damn much for a newbie?  I'd be in the C Senior class but that only matters if I finish!

See if you can find a video on youtube of last years race. That will give you a better idea of how hard the terrain will be.

I started doing hare scrambles last year when is was 52.  Go and give it a try.  Feel free to ask me any questions you may have since i have done at least ten of them so far since last June

C class isn't going up the mountain, only the main is. You should be fine. Might as well go try it. Then you will know where your skills are at.

Did you end up going?

I raced the main and the track was insanely gnarly. I figured it would be with how much rain we got leading up to it

Edited by EEE299

I was there and on the second lap a bunch of us ended up going up the mountain onto the main event track by mistake

25 minutes ago, GeeJay said:

I was there and on the second lap a bunch of us ended up going up the mountain onto the main event track by mistake

I don't know where the cutoff was, but the last half mile before getting to the road for the main was incredibly difficult. I watched a couple AA guys crash that race lol.

On another note every d6 event I have raced they missed one of my laps at scoring...

I know the section you mean it was very rocky and eventually came out at the power line dirt road. After the first lap I was in second in C super senior but ended up last after that wrong turn

That's a real bummer, luckily never happened to me in C races.

I'll be at the ecea race this weekend in Frackville. It usually is a fun one, and ecea is my primary series. Although, I've been doing so poorly this/last year it doesn't even matter lol. 

First time it happened to me. I too will be there Sunday. I'm on a yz250fx number 464. I started with ecea last year when I got into this but will run both

Sweet, I'm on #728 yz250. I'll keep an eye out for you!

Blue Mountain was a mess, course was exactly up to Hare Scramble standards with ribbon and arrows. My son broke his entire front fender off on the first lap of the main, hard to ride with mud hitting you in the face the whole race. He still managed a 3rd. He won Frackville, had a great ride. We are at both series, my wife works sign up at ECEA. Stop by and say hi, #34 is my son's bike, usually a white KTM but since D6 it is a white and orange KTM, lol.