Ran the bike w/0 motor oil

I just bought my bike and took it for a ride, it shut down on me and wouldn't kick over. Turns out that the motor oil was dry and I don't know if the guy before me even rode the bike after he rebuilt it and possibly never put oil in it. (I am dumb for not checking that out beforehand) I put oil in but it still wouldn't kick start. What damage would have been done because there wasn't any oil? What do I need to check on? It still isn't starting and I just am not sure where to start. 

Thank you so much in advance to whoever can help out!

this should be pretty evident what your next steps are. Remove engine, commence complete tear-down. No short cuts on this I'm afraid. 

Also when you drain the transmission side. Measure it out, the engine side oil may have migrated if it had a bad seal. Again requires a complete re-build.  

• Like 1

Big difference if the motor had some oil in it versus no oil.  If no oil, pretty much every moving part in the engine will be affected.  If there was even a small amount of oil the oil pick up would pump it to the head and rod big end.  That should save the head (the most expensive part) but not the rod small end, cam chain, piston, and main bearings.  

• Like 1

Put oil in it and see what happens.  As others have said it's probably toast so adding oil won't hurt it and running it won't either.  Could it cause further yes and no as if it had no oil your replacing most of the internals. 

I was in the same situation. third ride on the bike, after oil change. I drained engine oil, and over filled tranny oil, not knowing there was two oil compartments. rode 30kms before this happened. luckily I had a mechanic friend that did everything for me. Tore the engine apart, found all the random parts that needed replacing. That's pretty much what you need to do.

Ive found youtube videos of fully rebuilding this engine, if you want to tackle it on your own. 

Sounds like your crank is locked up,  if you havent pulled the motor yet, go ahead and do that, tear it down and order new crank and bearings, piston amd gaskets. Like the others said if there was even a dmall amount of oil the head will most likely be fine. Good luck