Drz400e cuts out slight throttle

Alright so I’ve reached a desperate point and figured id come on here to get some help after all the awesome info I’ve gotten off here for other issues. I’ve tried finding someone who has had the same problem to no avail except for a couple of guys saying let them know what the problem is so they know how to fix it on their bikes. I figured someone on here will know or the all knowing eddie might.

Started off the other day. Cruising 100kph and had been for the last 80km when going up a slight hill and the bike starts spluttering like its out of fuel. No warning. I have a rear nomad tank on that I was running out of that I usually get 100km or so out of fairly regularly and put down the extra fuel usage as just the luggage I had on for the first time. Switched on the main tank and I did not go back to normal. Pulled over on the side of the road. The bike would start, and idle perfectly. Choke would work as it should. But as soon as I touch the throttle it would die. No spluttering or popping etc. just as if someone turned off the spark. I tried running without the caps on the tanks. So not the vents, undid the float bowl drain and no dirt. Turned the fuel on and fuel came out of the drain so fuel was getting into the carb. I pulled the jets out of the float bowl and cleaned them out and no difference, tried wiothout the tps plugged in and no difference either. Ended up putting it on the back of the ute and taking it home. Then I pulled the carb out completely. All jets out, passages flushed, reassembled and put back in. put a new plug in since the old one was a bit dirty.  initially when fuel turned on it poured out of the overflow line so tapped the carb thinking a stuck float and it went back to normal. In the garage it started, idled, ran up on choke, and revved up fine.

Now took it out for a ride yesterday afternoon, was running great and just like it used to. Until I got about 4km to the edge of town and going across an intersection that crosses a road that has quite abit of camber it cut out exactly the same as last time. Exact same symptoms as the weekend. After tapping the carb again it started flooding as well. Ended up riding it home idling along in 1st gear since I couldn’t move the throttle.

I’m going to pull the carb again tonight to sort the float issue and flooding out. I’ve drained the fuel and there was no signs of water or dirt. Nothing clogging up the filters on the petcock. It almost seems electrical with how immediate it cuts out. No discolouration on the porcelain of the old spark plug. No fraying around the head on the spark plug lead. Going to check the diaphragms in the carb for splits. But otherwise Im completely stumped on this issue. Anyone had the same issue and found what the problem was?

Well went digging this afternoon and founf that the needle clip was flogged to buggery. Hopefully that is whats been causing these headaches. Wluld explain the white plug and the fact its been very slowly starting to pop on decel occasionally. 

20170405_175417.jpg