Crf150r

My crf150r has a stock jet, witch is sea level and i live in high altitude. 8885 is the altitude and i was wondering what is the proper jet to put in it. (The Jet is a 138)

If you can afford $70 to $80, just order a JD Jet kit and follow the instructions for your elevation and riding style.  And be done with it.  Best mod you can do, dollar-for-dollar.  My daughter rides a 2008, and the JD kit solved a number of niggling issues (fast idle on start, stalling, flat spot in low end).  HIGHLY recommended...

Edited by -AC-
Spelling

I have a .pdf version of the 2007 owner's manual (a friend's bike I service)

For 7500ft to 10000ft elevation, at 59°F to 80°F

the recommended settings are    (stock sea level specs in parentheses)

Pilot screw:               1-5/8 turns  (1-7/8 turns)

Slow jet:                   #40              (#40)

Needle clip position:     2nd           (3rd)

Jet needle:                NMRT        (NMQT)

Main jet:                    #128        (#130)

No need to spend a dime on JD jet kits when all the required infos are in the manual,

but honestly no matter who recommends the settings, best results are always when you jet according to your exact operating conditions.

(elevation, humidity, ambiant temps, fuel octane, engine mods etc.) 

Edited by mlatour

On 4/4/2017 at 5:16 PM, sammyb__3 said:

My crf150r has a stock jet, witch is sea level and i live in high altitude. 8885 is the altitude and i was wondering what is the proper jet to put in it. (The Jet is a 138)

You don't mention what year your bike is (it matters if it is a 2007, because the needle they used then is hard to tune around). 

This is my spec (but I also run a flow splitter, which greatly increases the flow velocity over the pilot at low rpms, and make pilot tuning much less sensitive):

It might be instructive for you to read this whole thread through, from the beginning.