Help figuring out this Suzuki year with no vin

Need some help identifying the year of this rm.... no vin number to go off of, I'm thinking around 1990 but I don't know. My brother says it has 2 holes in the neck of the frame whereas my 1998 only has 1. Justus trying to figure out the year before we try our hand at restoring it. Any help will be greatly appreciated 

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

That's an RMX not an RM, although 1990 seems about right.  Sounds like you were expecting an RM, with that in mind you should just drive north a bit and drop it off at my house ~ I'll take care of it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zig06 said:

That's an RMX not an RM, although 1990 seems about right.  Sounds like you were expecting an RM, with that in mind you should just drive north a bit and drop it off at my house ~ I'll take care of it!

What gave it away that it was an RMX? Only thing I saw after that I should have realized before was that " thing " protector ( no idea whats it called ) that protects the water pump and stator cover.

The RM frame does not have the lugs on the lower frame rails where the engine protection bar bolts on.

Also, the snail cam rear wheel adjusters on the swing arm for tensioning the chain are RMX specific.

The flywheel casing on an RMX does not have the relief in it for the gear lever as the RMX uses a larger flywheel than the RM.

• Like 1