Hello carburation experts. I put a JD jet kit/3x3 mod in my 2017 S a couple months ago and everything has been great - except when I am working the bike over technical stuff, slipping the clutch and cutting the throttle when I pull the clutch in . For some reason I have not been able to determine, the bike stalls. It also stalls if I am idling with the clutch all the way in going downhill. It's worth noting, that under ordinary riding conditions (on the street) there are no issues - no stalling. The bike idles smoothly, the power at low rpms is strong and smooth and it runs smoothly all the way up to pinning the throttle (in every gear). I have adjusted the fuel screw in increments from lean to rich and this seems to make no difference. I have also adjusted the idle speed using the cable stop screw so the bike idles at a faster speed, but this also makes no difference.

I'm a crap rider and riding over roots and rocks is hard as it is, but doubly so when the bike keeps dying every time I slip the clutch. Any thoughts you have would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

Bump your idle up (1700 to 1800rpm) using the idle adjustment (not the cable), retweek and peak idle mixture.  You want a little slack in the throttle cable.  Go ride.

• Like 2

Bypass the kickstand safety switch. Kickstand could be bouncing or you could be bumping it with your boot.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 38super said:

Bump your idle up (1700 to 1800rpm) using the idle adjustment (not the cable), retweek and peak idle mixture.  You want a little slack in the throttle cable.  Go ride.

I'm a noob mechanic too! How do I adjust the idle not using the cable? 

10 minutes ago, rustynut2 said:

Bypass the kickstand safety switch. Kickstand could be bouncing or you could be bumping it with your boot.

Ok, I'll definitely check that out. I did have it die once because there was fine gravel jammed in the stand that kept it from traveling all the way up.

• Like 1

There is a plastic knob below the carb, CW increase idle, CCW to decrease. 

To peak the idle, adjust the fuel mixture screw (bottom of carb) for a crisp exhaust sound.  Solid bop, not buuh.  Should not blip stall, nor hanging idle.

• Like 2