2016 CR500 prototype...dual exhaust

I did a search and didn't see this posted before...apologies if it has.

It's basically a 99' CR500 engine stuffed into a 2016 CRF250R chasis with dual exhaust. Would the dual exhaust give it a little more bottom end? Not sure

I have seen a CR500 with duals on it before.

and even for the show it doesn't look that good if you ask me, as well as the frame and plastics of the gen6 in general.

having said that, the 500 engine in a modern chassis is always a blast to ride.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Eddie8v said:

Added weight just for show, I will pass...

Not to mention unnecessary complexity.

2 hours ago, cowboyona426 said:

Not to mention unnecessary complexity.

A little piece of tubing and a silencer is complex?

15 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

A little piece of tubing and a silencer is complex?

2 silencers... twice as complex as one.  Not to mention twice as expensive to repack, twice as likely to be damaged in a crash/loop-out, and twice as heavy at least.

If I remember correctly, a guy in the UK built a nice motard, Aprilia swing arm, two silencers... they weren't 500 silencers however. Way too short... Pretty sure they were 125 or 250 canisters. They tucked in nicely, crash damage and weight looked like nothing to bicker over. 

I don't like the twin silencers... trick to me is a Scalvini carbon set up. If it floats your boat, go for it.

6 hours ago, cowboyona426 said:

2 silencers... twice as complex as one.  Not to mention twice as expensive to repack, twice as likely to be damaged in a crash/loop-out, and twice as heavy at least.

Extra trouble to pack, heavier, yes. Complex,,,no. Stupid,,,yes.

That dude started that 5-hundy with flip-flops on like it was NOTHING... I can't start my CR250 without hurting the bottom of my foot even with TENNIS SHOES on.. It usually only takes 1 or 2 kicks when cold, but it presses hard enough against the bottom of my shoe that it hurts my foot. Boots-no problem. I would NEVER attempt to start my bike with flippers on.. Much less an engine TWICE the size of mine.