Ktm.  Here are some of the most obvious reasons...#1 they look way better (in my opinion), and #2 they deliver more power that competing brands.  

Here is a quote from the Motocross Action Magazine regarding the 2014 sxf 450. "This bike has the best all-around handling, best brakes, best clutch, best shifting, best overall powerband, an electric starter, no-tools airbox and good durability. Other brands might have better suspension, more focused power or weigh less, but no brand has as many superlatives as KTM."

There you go

They also said the best overall was KTM.  If they were honest enough KTM would win the shootout almost every year.  And they nearly do.  MAM would have picked the KX so there subscribers wouldn't feel bad.  :lol: The only thing "wrong" with the 2014 sxf was the gas cap (lol), rims, shift lever, and the suspension wasn't the best.  The more important things (i.e. top end power, clutch, etc) were the parts that ktm focused on.  

IMO If I had to choose between those years and those models, that would be tough. It may depend on the hours/condition of the two bikes, but once you go e-start, you'll never go back.

• Like 1

Not much info here like price, who you buying the bike from, same owner for both bikes? can you get record of the bikes? previous racing bikes , woods , track? etc.

If the question was  brand for brand I'll pick KTM, better bike all around, holds more value and as previously mentioned electric start. But you are asking for 2 used bikes with at least 2 years, so there more things to look in to them other than which one to pick based on brand and model.

They also said the best overall was KTM.  If they were honest enough KTM would win the shootout almost every year.  And they nearly do.  MAM would have picked the KX so there subscribers wouldn't feel bad.   The only thing "wrong" with the 2014 sxf was the gas cap (lol), rims, shift lever, and the suspension wasn't the best.  The more important things (i.e. top end power, clutch, etc) were the parts that ktm focused on.  

You should work for CNN.
http://motocrossactionmag.com/bike-tests/yamaha-tests/2014-mxa-450-four-stroke-shootout-the-easiest-to-read-and-most-accurate-shootout-youll-ever-read-2
KX 1st
KTM 2nd.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

They picked the Kx over the ktm in that year b/c it had the most powerful power band.  I would much rather have a all around way better 450 (ktm) than one that didn't do so well in other areas beside powerband (kx).   

Thank you