Hey Guys,

New to the forum! I purchased my Yamaha WR250f about 7 years ago. I have always hated the stock halogen light. It doesn't put out any light and is super dangerous to ride at night. I recently decided to design and build a custom LED headlight for my bike. It took me awhile to do research but I finally got everything installed and working. I purchased the LED Aux light from Superbrightleds.com. They have very high quality lights for the cost.

I created a youtube video going over the build and performance of the light. I wanted to post this so others could get ideas for a similar build.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I'd be happy to give guidance if someone is wanting to do this on their bike.

-Jason

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 3:09 PM, JOsnipes said:

Hey Guys,

New to the forum! I purchased my Yamaha WR250f about 7 years ago. I have always hated the stock halogen light. It doesn't put out any light and is super dangerous to ride at night. I recently decided to design and build a custom LED headlight for my bike. It took me awhile to do research but I finally got everything installed and working. I purchased the LED Aux light from Superbrightleds.com. They have very high quality lights for the cost.

I created a youtube video going over the build and performance of the light. I wanted to post this so others could get ideas for a similar build.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I'd be happy to give guidance if someone is wanting to do this on their bike.

-Jason

That is a really nice light. Thanks for the info. going to have to check out Superbrightleds. Thanks.

Hey JOsnipes, How do you like your wr250f ? I was looking at the yz250f, looks like there's not too much if a difference. Have you put a lot of hours on it ?  If so have you put much work into it ? Thanks.

Hey P. Gabby, I love my WR250f, it has been super reliable and has plenty of power! I only weigh 150lbs so its a rocket for me. I haven't had any issues with it at all with it. I have probably have a little more than 100 hours riding. I usually ride 8-9 times each year so I'd say it has pretty good use. I am OCD with cleaning it and many people say it looks brand new when they see it. I have a family and other hobbies so I can't spend all my time riding.

I have it jetted for high elevation as I usually ride in the mountains. I installed an FMF Q4 power bomb pipe and muffler, they give it a awesome sound and nice power increase. I like how the WR is geared a little bit lower in 1st and 2nd gear for the technical trails and then 5th gear is a little wider for faster speeds. The electric start, head-light, and trail computer/speedometer make it stand out against the YZ250f. If you are wanting a lighter weight bike, and something you will only ride in the day, maybe the YZ is for you. It depends on what you ride mostly. I ride mountain / dirt trails 85% of the time and 15% of the time is riding on the sand dunes and sandy trails.

If there was one thing I would change I would have purchased the WR250R so it would be street legal. That's the only downside....I can't ride this thing around town haha.

• Like 1