2018 Silly Season

There have got to be a lot of one year deals.  I don't know for sure, but my guess is that these guys have contracts that end in 2017:

Barcia, Nicoletti, Peick, Tickle, Bogle, Reed, Grant, Weimer, Wilson, Tomac, Stewart, Brayton, Friese, Canard

Guys that may still have another year, but could be available:

Anderson, Seely, Musquin, Dungey, Baggett, Milsaps (Let's face it, Dungey and Musquin aren't going anywhere)

Guys with agreements for sure:

Roczen, JMart, Webb.

Then some guys on 250's that will move up.

• Like 1

I think Dungey and DeCoster will discuss if it's time for both to retire.

I could see Roger going on with Dungey retried, but I think Dungey would hang it up if Roger retired, since rumor is Ryan already has one foot out the door.

Of course, a big fat wad of money can change people'e minds.    I don't think Dungey wants to do the bike development cycle again.

• Like 2

There is big money being thrown at one rider by two different teams. 

No Suzuki teams have any 450 riders signed yet. 

As far as I know, Dungey isn't negotiating anything for next year. While every other year he's been signed by now. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, GBowman said:

There is big money being thrown at one rider by two different teams. 

No Suzuki teams have any 450 riders signed yet. 

As far as I know, Dungey isn't negotiating anything for next year. While every other year he's been signed by now. 

Hmm...big $$.  I'm guessing Monster Kaw and KTM.  Honda already invested a shitload into Roczen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Musquin is available??

Not sure?  Seems like for the right price, "big money" riders are wlling to make themselves available?  

With Dungey being non commital KTM will surely spend big money to keep him.

Just spit balling, not sure who else would be a big money guy right now?

Edited by poldies4

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Hmm...big $$.  I'm guessing Monster Kaw and KTM.  Honda already invested a shitload into Roczen.

Roczen is now Craig, poor Honda, tried to buy a title, didn't pan out.  I hope Kenny comes back strong someday, but it seems like a career ending/changing injury.

• Like 2

I doubt Tomac would leave Kawasaki.  Last year was his first on the bike and it didn't go well.  I doubt he wants to risk going through that again.  Kawasaki has the right rider on the right program.  Tomac is peaking at the right time for contract negotiations.

Dungy can be a top two or three guy for the next two years if he really wants to but he'll command big bucks.  He has also stated that if he continues past 2017 it will be KTM.  That leads me to believe he signed a contract that said something like, " . . . in exchange for $XXXXX you can only compete in US SX and US MX for team KTM."

Too many of the other guys haven't had stand out seasons and while their current teams may not be happy, most of their other options are performing no better.  I bet a lot of teams will wait to see who does what in the first six rounds of MX.  That can help everyone from Barcia to Bogle to Wilson and the rest.

NC