confused

I'm rebuilding a 1996 kx250, ordered sprocket for rear wheel and it does not fit well let me say the bolt holes line up but it does not fit tight around the hub.  Is this ok.  Also when I try and order a rear rotor, oem parts show six bolts hold it on but my wheel only has four bolts.  The size of the rim is 2.15.  How can I verify the sprocket, rotor and bearings fit?  Thanks

There are a couple of possiblities. 

Most likely you have the rear wheel from some other bike on there. That's not surprising for something that old, and not a problem if critical parts all line up right.

Another possibility is the parts received are wrong or miss labled. 

Are there any online parts sites that have detailed drawings for this bike? That will help with identifing what you have.

the rear wheel came on the bike when I got it.  I double checked the oem part and it showed the correct part number I was sent, now there were many different teeth size but I don't think that would make a difference on the size.  I can't find a rear hub that shows a 4 bolt rear brake rotor or don't know what bearings to order.

I just spent some time on kawasakipartshouse.com playing with the parts drawings. After 2003, when the "M" models came out, the KX 250 rear rotors had 4 bolts. 

Wheel bearings always have numbers marked on them to identify them, if they are intact and readable, which isn't a given on a dirt bike, you can get new bearings by cross referencing those numbers. If you can get one out mostly intact you can also measure them, or take them to a industrial supply store that specializes in bearings, belts, pulleys and sprockets. Nearly every medium sized city has a couple.