Bigger guy looking for a mesh riding jacket?

Going to start riding any day now,,,If this weather would ever get better! But I bought a helmet and talked to a neighbor that pulled up when he seen my drz and we chatted a while and he mentioned riding gear,,And I have nothing but a helmet,I wasn't going to get anything,but now I think I am. So I been looking and reviewing jackets and was going to spend almost $400 on a Klim induction jacket,,But just as I was going to pull the trigger,,logged onto the website and they were sold out. So someone told me about a store called Cycle Gear near by,and I went and checked them out. They had a pretty big selection but most stuff seemed to be too small for me,"all these jackets seem to be on the small side anyway" but I think I fall in the x3 or x4 size.

They had one that fit pretty decent,,seemed ok. It was made by a company called Bilt,and was a mesh jacket with a zip out liner for $179.00 So I left and looked up some reviews and it turns out Bilt is like a home brand for Cycle Gear and only sold there,but had about 180 good reviews of it,and I didnt see in the store but on their website it says its on sale for $100. 

So im trying to get up some last minute advice about this bilt jacket,,Just get it or do you have horror storys about it or that brand in general? Or if any of the bigger guys are around let me know what you had good luck with,Im about 6'1" and 270lbs

What do you think?

If you want to keep the same one for a very long time get the KLIM.  You would get your money's worth with the Bilt,  I think.  I have only had their gloves,  and they were well worth it.  I know one man who bought riding pants,  and a woman who bought pants and a jacket who got several years of riding up here and stateside.   Oddly,  the man bought his while riding through Las Vegas.  He wears pretty large ones,  and he only bought them on a trip to buy some odds and ends when he saw some his size.  

For what kind of riding?

Offroad, focus on impact protection. 

On-road, you need more abrasion resistance than impact protection.

Dualsport is a tough one to armor up for, won't find anything that works well all-around here.

Your first set of gear won't be your last set of gear.  As you ride, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. 

You'll probably find out you want 3 or 4 sets of gear for various conditions too.

Check flea markets/classifieds for used gear - lets you try it out for less than new gear costs.  If you don't like it, you can resell it and not be out a ton of money.  If you decide it works, you can buy something new when you wear out the used stuff.

I have a Fieldsheer Adventure jacket i've owned for about 7 years now.  Probably due to retire it soonish, it's seen better days. 

I have a Scorpion Eddy, and recently bought the replacement (updated model) for it, the Influx. They come with full (soft) armor, and I'm very pleased with both. The only reason I bought the Influx is because I wanted the Eddy in black, and the Eddy is being discontinued. I work on a military base that requires us to dress like Liberace if we want to ride and the Eddy is white and orange. The Influx is also less branded so it doesn't look like you're a Scorpion factory rider. Good jackets, good price.