What size pants with hip pads?

I wear size 31 in regular mens pants.  I want to get some rockgarden padded shorts or maybe even some hockey garb.  I am gonna need some pant to go over top of them (or look real funny if not) and was wondering what brands, if you all lknow, would be baggy and fit over something like that?  I have NO idea where to start looking. 

Thanks

Edited by sikpupy

What a coincidence. I once wore a size 31 myself....about 31 years ago.:(  Most reputable dealers and internet outlets have a good return policy. You can start with a size 32, try them on in your living room with your hockey gear, and return them if the size doesn't fit.

Thanks, yea, I saw that on some sites, but, there are like at least 6 diff brands and 2-4 dif pants in each brand.  And not only that, one company doesn't carry ALL brands, so, may have to order from a few places.  I was hoping to avoid the 32 round return dance and try to get a bead on a brand that is regularly oversized, and, or is a known over size that has extra room just for that purpose.  If I don't get any answers, I may just order 100 pair of pants and return 99 that don't fit.  Though, I hate to waste retailers time, effort and money shipping them to me. 

13 hours ago, sikpupy said:

I wear size 31 in regular mens pants.  I want to get some rockgarden padded shorts or maybe even some hockey garb.  I am gonna need some pant to go over top of them (or look real funny if not) and was wondering what brands, if you all lknow, would be baggy and fit over something like that?  I have NO idea where to start looking. 

Thanks

If you have a shop around you, just try a bunch of shit on at the shop and then go buy it online for cheaper (presumably) 

You would think that around here that would be an option, as big as our tri citys are, but, I have been to hem all and they don't even have hand grips for motorcycles.  Kind of has me scratching my head as to why 5 main shops don't have sheeeee-it.  I have an idea, but...............  I can tell you one thing, that's isn't an option  :(