Any new 2016 200 xc-w's left (preferably in Canada?)

I have seen a couple of ads online, but they were old and hadn't been taken down yet.

I think this is the bike for me.

Tia 

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. I noticed there are quite a few KTM 200s in the US. Pricing seems a lot higher than up here (Well we can't get any) but I could buy a new 2017 150 XC W for $6624 USD plus PDI and shipping. The ad I was looking at from a Canadian dealer (That didn't have inventory) put the asking price at $6103.00 USD. Might just end up buying a YZ250x . They are priced around $5800. I do think the 200 KTM would probably be better at going slower on tight and twisty single track. 

Thanks for the link, but that is the one I phoned yesterday and they no longer have any 200s. 

3 hours ago, nicad said:

Thanks for the link, but that is the one I phoned yesterday and they no longer have any 200s. 

What idiots!  

Have you thought about the 2017 250XC?  Lots of guys say feels like the old 200.

• Like 1

2017 bike's are much lighter than previous years, and feel slimmer too. The 300 XC is the literal creme de le creme of chuggy, luggy, brappy bikes. Rode my buddies for a couple weekends and they go like a bat out of hell, and always have power on tap.
I have a 2016 YZ250X and I love it, and if I wasn't buying a new house would step my game up to a 2017/2018 250 XC. Thats how good they are. Unless you get a SMOKING deal on a 16, hit up a 17/18 250. You can always detune them a bit if you want a smoother delivery, with a more subtle hit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NEGbrap said:

2017 bike's are much lighter than previous years, and feel slimmer too. The 300 XC is the literal creme de le creme of chuggy, luggy, brappy bikes. Rode my buddies for a couple weekends and they go like a bat out of hell, and always have power on tap.
I have a 2016 YZ250X and I love it, and if I wasn't buying a new house would step my game up to a 2017/2018 250 XC. Thats how good they are. Unless you get a SMOKING deal on a 16, hit up a 17/18 250. You can always detune them a bit if you want a smoother delivery, with a more subtle hit.

I rode a new 2017  300 XC and 2017 300 Husky TX in the Arizona desert for three days this winter. Loved those bikes. Unfortunately they would probably cost about $3600 more than the Yamaha YZ 250x, which I think is what I am leaning towards. 

I am a rookie overall and I never ever came close to exploiting the upper end power of those 300s. I can pick up a new 2017  250 YZx for about $5900 USD. DO you have any gripes about the YZ's shortcomings?

31 minutes ago, yu130960 said:

What idiots!  

Have you thought about the 2017 250XC?  Lots of guys say feels like the old 200.

Haven't thought about those. I certainly like how smooth the new KTMs are. The E start too. 

Edited by nicad

24 minutes ago, yu130960 said:

What idiots!  

9 minutes ago, NEGbrap said:

I had a 2014 200xcw and now have a 250xc. The 2017 250xc kills the 200xcw.

Feels lighter, turns and handles a lot better. Forks are a dream. The motor ,well most 200 owners would give there left nut to have the new 250xc motor. Smooth, torquey, strong and still revs.

The 17 250xc is the best KTM I've ever owned. My first ride felt like I've been riding it for a year. 

• Like 2

Unless you get a deal on an older 200, I am not sure I would go to the pain and effort to find one.  The 250 XC is better in every way (motor, chassis, suspension and resale).

7 minutes ago, nicad said:

I rode a new 2017  300 XC and 2017 300 Husky TX in the Arizona desert for three days this winter. Loved those bikes. Unfortunately they would probably cost about $3600 more than the Yamaha YZ 250x, which I think is what I am leaning towards. 

I am a rookie overall and I never ever came close to exploiting the upper end power of those 300s. I can pick up a new 2017  250 YZx for about $5900 USD. DO you have any gripes about the YZ's shortcomings?

Haven't thought about those. I certainly like how smooth the new KTMs are. The E start too. 

No short comings on the YZ. For the price they can't be beat. Bike is light, fun peppy and always puts a smile on my face. I've been riding more single track lately and a E start for on hill starts would be nice. It does however always start first kick

Had I done it again and been on a budget, I honestly would have bought a used YZ250 in good condition and made it an X. If you are on a very tight budget, that is the way to go.

IF you can scrounge the moola, get the loan, I would 100% do a 2017 XC 250. Great forks, if not their best forks to date. Amazing motor, sans the reed issue. light, estart, gears gears gears, and they handle great.

Great info, my desire is certainly sparked for the KTM 250 XC. As for buying a used YZ and optimizing it for single track, I don't think that is a route I would like to take, as the local asking prices for ten year old ones seem to be about $3500 VS $7800 for a new one. I am assuming I'd have to drop $1500 into the old bike, then it would still be an older bike and harder to recoupe the money at trade in. The lower compression ratio, porting changes and ignition timing seem to me not that easy to replicate. 

What do you KTM folks think of the 150? Does it want to be flogged all the time? I doubt I will be riding any bike I buy much over 40 MPH. I have done a reasonable amount of single track on my hard tail mountain bike and I think I'd find most pleasure on twisty trails with rocks and roots to get over. 

if you are doing mountain single track, you at least want a modded 200 (head mods and such, but those bikes are impossible to find because everyone keeps them). If you are going to go up hills at slow speed, that have rocks and roots, get a 250/300. 150 going up hills with no run up is difficult, not impossible, but very hard. My dream bike is a 2017 250 XC to go along with the bike I already own, 2008 KTM 200 XC. My 200 is fantastic for good tight stuff, but if theres a sudden hill and Im not ready, it will struggle. Big boost in luggability as soon as you get into the 250s. 

• Like 2