What jet type is this?

While cleaning the carb on my 07 KTM 200xcw I lost/misplaced one of the jets. Carb type is Keihin PWK 36mm, factory KTM variant. The jet mounts into the body of the carb (not the "jet block") and it is not the Main or the Slow/Pilot. The jet is threaded, and I think it might have looked similar to the round Keihin main jets. I vaguely remember using a flat head screw driver to remove it? Maybe it could be for the choke circuit? Here is a picture; if anyone knows the name of the jet or where I might be able to find one I would be forever grateful! (its the position labeled ???? Jet)58e5cfd8dde70_KTM200PWK36MM.thumb.jpg.043e186b664abd86a7295aef1a9b9666.jpg

So... word on the street is that this jet should be a 50 starter jet, keihin 54831051050. Huge thank you to the guys at AEO Powersports here in Arizona for the tip. They are going to order one for me, I will post up resolution if it works out.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:28 PM, TRD11 said:

So... word on the street is that this jet should be a 50 starter jet, keihin 54831051050. Huge thank you to the guys at AEO Powersports here in Arizona for the tip. They are going to order one for me, I will post up resolution if it works out.

I'm 99.9% certain that the stock starter jet for KTM Keihin PWK was a #85, KTM part# 54831051085. The 50 was available as an accessory. Do you ever get a run away throttle (high rpm) at the initial cold start of the day with the choke on? If so I would guess that will be worse with the leaner #50 starter jet. If your not happy with the #50 you can find the same Keihin jet from Keihin dealers like jetsrus in sizes 50 through 120. Here's a link... http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_99101-116_main_round_small_and_38-xxx.htm    to the jet your looking for, its referred to as a main. Probably because it was a main jet in another carb long before it became the starter jet in the KTM PWK. Prior to @ 2008' the starter jet in the KTM PWK was pressed in and not replaceable, thinking those were #85's also.        

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, Krannie McKranface said:

That is left empty

that's not correct.

• Like 1

To follow up... Here is the 50 Starter Jet from Keihin, its fit perfect, put everything back together and the bike starts/runs well. However, @hallsy is offering GOLD advice above. 100% correct, the cold start/choke circuit is probably lean as the rpm does begin to climb 10-15 seconds after a dead cold start. I just ordered an 85 starter jet and will give it a go. I rarely use the choke on my 200, but I would like to get this starter circuit dialed regardless.

IMG_1854.thumb.JPG.00935ced6fe8471cebc01a0024215a25.JPG

Picture of Keihin 54831051050, 50 Starter Jet installed:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Starter jets are far from critical. I select based on coldest day the machine will be started, assuming the temp swing is under 100 degrees. Engine started, as soon as some warmth can be felt with a bare hand on the barrel/head, start riding gently for a minute. As soon as the engine will run with the choke/enricher shut off, I do so. Typically, after two minutes, 'normal' riding can be done and after 15 minutes, the engine is fully heated up and performs as expected.

• Like 1