What bike for 15yr old for motocross

My boy is 15yrs old and he is pretty good size (6ft2in 185lbs) for a 15yr old. The 2 bikes we are looking at are the 2017 Yamaha yz250f and 2017 KTM 250sxf. Which is better suited for a intermediate level rider for motor cross? My boy is a KTM nut and don't think anything is any good if it's not orange but I prefer Yamaha myself. The only thing I don't like about the KTM is reading the 250 shootouts it says it's more suited for a pro rider because it's got to be wound tight all the time and my boy is more of a intermediate rider.

My son started out on a yz85 and then a yz125. He was tearing the hell out of the 125 constantly so I bought him a KTM 250sx. But the 250 2 stroke just has a little to much power for him. His 2 cousins 15 also race motocross to Suzuki rm250f and Kawasaki kx250f. He seems faster on their bikes because he uses all they have which he don't on his 250 2 stroke. All the power of the 250 2 stroke seems to wear him out faster than their 250 4 stroke does too.

hello, my boy is also 15yrs old and he started on a 250f and ride it 1 year and now he ride a ktm sxf450 2015, he tryed a 250 2 stroke but he dont like it, 

Any shoot out is done by top pro test riders, who are able to get everything out of a bike it has to offer.  The avarage rider simply can not.   So I say if your kid likes an orange 250 SXF that's what I would get him.