What bike for 12 year old for motocross?

Hi,I am 12 and i am 5 foot.I have been driving motocross bikes and quads since i was 3 years old.I am coming off a race tuned kx65 that i have raced.I have tried a Big wheel yz85 and a big wheel rm85 but they seem a bit too tall.On both bikes i can only tipy-toe if i lean the bike and they are both quite heavy for me....I have been looking into a small wheel kx 85 or small wheel ktm 85..Just want to ask your opinions,Thanks in advance

Hey, I'm 13 5'9" and I currently have a sx85 (small wheel).  It's definitely to small for me though.  Anyway, I have a friend who's about 4'11" and he can barely touch on his tip toes. So ya, a 85 small wheel would be just fine with quite a bit of getting use to; especially since you just got off a 65. BTW, I would recommend the sx. Thanks

• Like 1

Hey, I'm 13 5'9" and I currently have a sx85 (small wheel).  It's definitely to small for me though.  Anyway, I have a friend who's about 4'11" and he can barely touch on his tip toes. So ya, a 85 small wheel would be just fine with quite a bit of getting use to; especially since you just got off a 65. BTW, I would recommend the sx. Thanks

Thanks for the info.I am looking for an 85 sx small wheel and i see one i think would be good.

IMG_0147.PNGIMG_0148.PNGIMG_0149.PNGIMG_0150.PNG. KTM 85 small wheel i am looking at^^^
Wondering if thats an SX model or not
BTW its a 2006
IMG_0145.PNG
Price is €1100 which is good in Ireland for a ktm

Let me know what you think

The bike looks just like mine so ya it's a sx model almost for sure.  Mine is a 2005.  I have pictures of it   here on ThumperTalk... on my profile and best looking bike contest.  Let me know what you end up getting! ??

edit... 1100 (~1500cad.) seems like a decent price for it for sure.  I paid 1200 for mine, (although it wasn't worth much at the time).

Here are some pictures to give you an idea...

IMG_8048.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

DSC09321.JPG

IMG_6353.JPG

Coleby - Hilclimb.jpg

Edited by Slicing-Air
forgot to add some stuff