Float hitting on carb

Basically this is causing my carb to overflow as it gets stuck on this brown pin, how and what do I need to do to fix this, many thanks :) 

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

If I were to bend that little metal tab at the back so the float comes up and stops just before the little pin that would work right? As it only has to stop the fuel when it sits down flat 

That is the max drop stop tab. Set the floats standard level to the manuals spec. As I described before, then bend that max drop tang so the float can only drop 5mm more from that standard spec. See if that keeps the float from hitting that pin. Allowing the float to only drop 5mm from standard level spec is plenty to unseat the inlet needle and keep the bowl full.

What does your manual say about where to take your float height measurement on the float? It's usually from the mid point of the float to the bowl mating surface of the carb.

Float mid point.jpg

I have specs for '86 and up but I don't know if they would be right for the dual carbs of an '85. If you can't find it, I'd measure what the standard drop is on the other carbs float and use that figure. It may also just use the horizontal casting mark line on the float being parallel with the bowl mating surface of the carb as the standard height. Some carbs do that.

In my video I show how to hold the carb when checking float level, making sure not to compress the spring loaded tip of the fuel needle valve. Some folks connect a line to the fuel nipple of the carb and blow air into it to see what the float level is when it seats the needle valve enough to shut off the air.

Needle valve.JPG

Edited by Trailryder42

My '85 XR200 float height is 19mm. Runs great. Setting the float is very important; too high is too rich and blocking air ports. Too low is too lean and all kinds of problems. Better to be slightly rich on the '85's.