Moving to a bigger bike

Hi, i'd like to ask for some advise because im currently undecided. Basically, im 15 years old, 5'5 ish, i currently own a ttr 90, but I don't ride it as its way to small, ive ridden a ttr 125 recently, and thought it was fun... for around 30 minuets, i was thinking about moving up to a bike around this range, but this bike just didn't really have enough power to fulfill my needs haha. Im looking at the crf 250x, but im unsure if ill be able to handle the power, weight and of course the height. Should i go for a 250? Or wait a little while. Thanks in advance

Edited by Antonp2

If I were you I would go to a bike shop that has a crf 250x sit on it and see if it is too tall.

Yes, get the CRF250X. I'm at the age where I'm getting shorter and am probably less than 1" taller than you. 5.5 is big enough to ride a full size bike.

Plus you'll probably gain an inch or two within a year anyway.

Yes the 250x has more power, but it's not hard hitting. For a beginner, my  450SXF would be easier to ride the my 200XC.

Ok, ive had a look online at the biggest and closest bike shop i know of, they don't have the 250x, but that is fine because im planning to buy used, they do have the 250r however, do these bikes sit the same height? Will it be the same as a 250x?

Ok, ive had a look online at the biggest and closest bike shop i know of, they don't have the 250x, but that is fine because im planning to buy used, they do have the 250r however, do these bikes sit the same height? Will it be the same as a 250x?

They are supposedly around the same seat height within an inch of each other or something like that. We are close to the same height (I'm a bit shorter actually) and when I sat on my friends 2012 crf 250r I could tippy toes both feet without gear.

How long have you been riding what is your skill level I am only 5,6 14ish and I own a ttr125l (stroked) it's all in your head i can ride a Yz450f fine try finding a friend or dealer ship that will let you try it out if you don't like it try a crf230 or a tw200 or crf150f/r

i started riding in 2012, so ive got a bit of experience, and i would consider myself an alright rider, but definently not amazing. I had a quick look at the 230, people are saying that it is slow and has a bad power to weight ratio, which considering im only around 120 lbs might not be the best option. Ive looked at the 150's, the R is more of a MX bike, which probable wouldn't suit my riding very well, and the F, well im thinking that its going to feel very similar to a ttr 125.

Yes the 150f will feel similar to a 125. I'm 5,3 and have been riding since age 4. I sat on a crf 250 and then a cr 250 2 stroke. The weight if a crf 250 will for sure be the hardest part for when your riding trails. (Why I like 2 strokes lol) Other than that you should be fine.