Headlamp Shroud Removal

Got some new plastics ... having a dilly of a time figuring out how to remove the headlight shroud! There are only 4 screws but getting at them is the part I can't figure out. For anyone who has removed it how did you manage it? Even if I take off the whole assembly the screw access doesn't change as it looks like it'll still be blocked.

20170406_075553_1024x576.jpg

20170406_075626_1024x576.jpg

20170406_075637_1024x576.jpg

dropped the bike some time last year and it broke one of the standoffs that holds the speedo. had to remove a bunch of stuff to get at it. I used one of these guys. still sucked

Professional-Right-Angle-font-b-90-b-fon

• Like 2

Got it, thanks. I thought I was being an idiot ... "how hard could it be to remove a piece of plastic?!?!? I must be missing something!" Guess not  :)

2 hours ago, Kompact said:

Got it, thanks. I thought I was being an idiot ... "how hard could it be to remove a piece of plastic?!?!? I must be missing something!" Guess not  :)

If you hace the right bit and vise grips you should be able to Get-R-Done !!!      

• Like 1

Looked at mine. It is just four bolts that are easy to get to. No screws.
IMG_4176.PNG

I'm confused, the headlight unit is easy to remove. Are you sure you're not trying to remove the support bolts, they are had to get to if you haven't removed the headlight.

he's removing the plastic shroud around the unit. you can get the unit off as a whole with the 4 bolts, but y ou still have to unscrew those screws to get the plastic off from around the headlight...which even with the whole thing off the bike...sucks

• Like 1

It really does suck!

I picked up one of these guys today and although tedious I can get the bottom two out. Still can't get the top two. Replacing the shroud anyway so I think I'll just cut it off. What a pain for a little chunk of plastic. No idea how I'll get the top two screws in the new one. I know, I'll just drill through the front and bolt it on lol.

20170408_193348.jpg

IMG_0205_zpszum0x3w4.jpg

Thats my CRF Headlight with LED Bar's installed .

The 4 Phillips Bolts 2 top , 2 bottom hold the plastic shroud to the head lights .

I remove that Bolts with a standart Screwdriver even a Nail clipper if neccecary .

Whats your Problem ?????