YZ250FX MAP DATABASE

Is there a one stop shop for fuel/ignition maps for the YZ250FX?

I have 2 maps, but nothing to ground breaking... I'm definitely willing to post if there isn't something like this now and everyone can add in with what they have so that we can have lots of mapping info all in one place?

Let me know if there is already a thread like this started somewhere.

So far there don't seem to be any for the 2017.

There are maps for the 2015/2016 on the Yamaha site.  I don't recall there being any from any of the magazines.

What year is your FX?

There is no groundbreaking maps for the bike because the tuner dos not allow you to make any drastic changes, which is a good thing.

There are plenty of maps out there that change the power delivery for different conditions. 

3 hours ago, ckny said:

There is no groundbreaking maps for the bike because the tuner dos not allow you to make any drastic changes, which is a good thing.

I find the changes to be very significant and very useful.  Running a pair of maps for tight trails makes my 2016 F seem like a completely different engine compared to maps for a loamy MX track.  The maps make the bike much more versatile and enjoyable.  Even an expert who only uses the very top of the powerband will feel the traction differences of differing maps for differing conditions.

3 hours ago, ckny said:

There are plenty of maps out there that change the power delivery for different conditions. 

There are currently zero that are publicly available for the 2017 FX.  There are a few for the 2015/2016 FX.  Only the Fs have lots of maps.  Maps are NOT interchangeable between differing models and model years.  A map that changes things in one direction for one bike can change it in the other direction for a different bike.  That's why there are different maps for different bikes for the same conditions.

1 minute ago, Max17 said:

I find the changes to be very significant and very useful.  Running a pair of maps for tight trails makes my 2016 F seem like a completely different engine compared to maps for a loamy MX track.  The maps make the bike much more versatile and enjoyable.  Even an expert who only uses the very top of the powerband will feel the traction differences of differing maps for differing conditions.

There are currently zero that are publicly available for the 2017 FX.  There are a few for the 2015/2016 FX.  Only the Fs have lots of maps.  Maps are NOT interchangeable between differing models and model years.  A map that changes things in one direction for one bike can change it in the other direction for a different bike.  That's why there are different maps for different bikes for the same conditions.

I will say it again, the tuner does not allow you to make any major drastic changes. That's a fact. Sure changing maps will be beneficial, that's why people buy the tuners including myself but at the end of the day you cannot make major changes to timing and fueling with the tuner. You think Yamaha wants people blowing up their bikes? 

What makes you say the maps are not interchangeable? Have you tried them? I have....

• Like 1

Yes, I have tried many.  And the changes are very significant.  Mapping won't add 10 HP to a properly running bike but changing the power delivery to suit conditions can make the difference between getting very fatigued after a few laps versus being able to go much longer without the fatigue from fighting the bike.

There are many, many examples of the maps not being interchangeable.  For example, for hard hitting in loamy conditions, go richer at 3/4 throttle for a 2016/2017 YZ450F with a stock exhaust but go leaner for the same bike with an aftermarket exhaust.

If you don't think that the maps don't make noticeable changes then why do you bother to change them?

6 minutes ago, Max17 said:

Yes, I have tried many.  And the changes are very significant.  Mapping won't add 10 HP to a properly running bike but changing the power delivery to suit conditions can make the difference between getting very fatigued after a few laps versus being able to go much longer without the fatigue from fighting the bike.

There are many, many examples of the maps not being interchangeable.  For example, for hard hitting in loamy conditions, go richer at 3/4 throttle for a 2016/2017 YZ450F with a stock exhaust but go leaner for the same bike with an aftermarket exhaust.

If you don't think that the maps don't make noticeable changes then why do you bother to change them?

Where did I say they didn't make a change? They don't make a mind shattering change or add HP. They change the power delivery characteristics of the bike. 

The maps Yamaha publish are nothing more than a baseline. You can swap maps easily between MY bikes. It's up to you at that point to tweek them and get what you want out of them. 

1 hour ago, ckny said:

Where did I say they didn't make a change? They don't make a mind shattering change or add HP. They change the power delivery characteristics of the bike. 

Anyone ever dyno one of these bikes with ignition maxed out or in the bottom?

4 minutes ago, Robt85 said:

Pretty sure there was a thread talking about that recently. Maybe Harris Performance. From what I understand the tuner will not gain you any HP, just change delivery characteristics. Obviously the hard hitting loam map feels like it hits way harder than the wet/traction map but I don't think you will see a peak HP difference on a Dyno.

No, you cannot gain HP with mapping... I'm pretty sure everyone understands that, but it does move the power around and can very beneficial depending on the conditions and NO it will not allow you to make such major changes that the motor will blow.. but that doesn't mean the changes aren't worth sharing.....

That said i'll post the couple I have from Yamaha in case anyone is looking.  if you guys want to add for your year of bike. then do it.  It can only help people in the future looking for different maps for their bikes.... isn't that the point of a forum????

• Like 1

Here are a couple from Yamaha for 2015-2016 250FX

YZ250FX TUNER MAPS.PNG

FEEL FREE TO POST MORE IF YOU HAVE ANY CUSTOM OR DIFFERENT MAPS..

THANKS ALL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djsather said:

No, you cannot gain HP with mapping... I'm pretty sure everyone understands that, but it does move the power around and can very beneficial depending on the conditions and NO it will not allow you to make such major changes that the motor will blow.. but that doesn't mean the changes aren't worth sharing.....

That said i'll post the couple I have from Yamaha in case anyone is looking.  if you guys want to add for your year of bike. then do it.  It can only help people in the future looking for different maps for their bikes.... isn't that the point of a forum????

I have several good maps, not from Yamaha. I can post them up but there are several threads already with tons of maps posted.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, ckny said:

I have several good maps, not from Yamaha. I can post them up but there are several threads already with tons of maps posted.

Do you have any links to those threads?  that's what I was originally asking, if threads like that already exist. (maps for the FX)

https://dirtbiketest.com/product-tests/pro-circuit-t-6-ss-exhaust-system-for-yz250fx/

There is the test they did for earlier year FX PC exhuast and his recommended tune since they felt they lost a little of stock low end.

I have an 18 and when first using tuner and on one particular ride I was having a bad day and changed to 2015/16 yamaha mellow and had a better rest of day. Then a few weeks later I tried a Hard softened by fellow TTer and have been using that since. Maybe there is a way we can pull these altogether. So I know of about 5-6 now. I havent seen any for my Specific 2018 but the older ones have made decent changes that I liked. 

Question. I am guessing each year/model can be changed back to stock by just making it all zeros?

This thread is a great idea. Hope it helps.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, MotoBilly said:

Question. I am guessing each year/model can be changed back to stock by just making it all zeros?

This is what I am searching for right now... (What are the stock map settings for my 2015 YZ250FX.)  I feel like my bike runs fat and wondering if I should buy the tuner and lean it out a bit.

12 minutes ago, TyFX said:

This is what I am searching for right now... (What are the stock map settings for my 2015 YZ250FX.)  I feel like my bike runs fat and wondering if I should buy the tuner and lean it out a bit.

All zeros is the stock map. Member gahzzah dynoed his 15 250fx and it showed an af ratio of 11.5 ish with an fmf exhaust and an open filter cage so these bikes seems to run a bit rich with the stock settings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robt85 said:

All zeros is the stock map. Member gahzzah dynoed his 15 250fx and it showed an af ratio of 11.5 ish with an fmf exhaust and an open filter cage so these bikes seems to run a bit rich with the stock settings.

Thank you.  This is helpful. 

I'm probably going to buy the tuner, as I ride: 1) Trails with an FMF Power Core 4 with the spark arrestor installed and would like a more trail friendly power delivery.  2) Pavement only supermoto with 17" slicks with the FMF without the spark arrestor installed.  I would like the hard hitting map for this particular application.  

If anyone has a similar setup, I'd appreciate knowing what you are running for maps. (2015 250FX)

On 4/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, MotoBilly said:

MacKnee1.jpg