Upgrading from my 95 XR 250. Is this bike a good place to start?

Nice bike, but expensive for an 07 imo.  It will be a HUGE step up in power from your xr, but a nice bike.  The newer you go with KTM, the better the bikes get.

Ultimately if you are comfortable with the price, and the bike checks out to be a good one, price is subjective to some degree.  Around here 2 stroke prices are through the roof.

• Like 1

I am in Colorado and I think we are one of the states getting hit hard by the KTM popularity. Does that factor into your opinion of the price at all? What is a reasonable price for a 2007 xc? Thanks for replying.

• Like 1

Man, it's hard to say.  I recently sold my 10 for 3900 and was surprised to get that, but it was a 200 which are hard to find around here.  

2 strokes, and KTM in particular are getting more expensive used, that bike looks clean, and likely someone will buy it for that price.  I'd hope to get it for under 3, but if it was what I wanted, and hard to find I'd pay what I needed to I suppose?

That is a reasonable approach to the situation. I need a bike by mid May and 250's that haven't been modded 10x over have not really been showing up. I may lean toward the "buy" side of this deal when I go check it out tonight. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin French said:

That is a reasonable approach to the situation. I need a bike by mid May and 250's that haven't been modded 10x over have not really been showing up. I may lean toward the "buy" side of this deal when I go check it out tonight. 

Excellent, let me know how it turns out.  Good luck. 

2 hours ago, motonack said:

You should easily be able to find a 2011+ SX/XC or a 2012+ XCW for that kind of money or very close. I'd look elsewhere.

Definitely NOT  in most western states ..... there is virtually NO 2011 or 2012 xc or xcw to be had for 3300 that is not clapped out completely. 

Joe

Joe

Edited by trailmeisterjoe
  • Like 2

I went from a 2000 xr400 to a brand new 09 250xcw.  I got a chance to test ride several 200s and 300s but couldn't decide and went for the 250 because it could be converted to a 300 if I chose.  I'd say get an 08 or newer.  If you can find one with the 6 spd, that'd be best.  I constantly ride with people on newer bikes and my 09 has every bit of performance theirs do.  I have upgraded to the 2016 exhaust, sx head, and gearing though.

Thanks guys! I ended up not getting the bike. It was a bit more worn than my friends were comfortable with for the price. I will post back here when I find one and/or have more questions.

5 hours ago, jeffmc84 said:

Probably better that wasn't an 07

Not an 07?

Oh my falt I didn't know that. That's strange to have the two body styles but your right just looked it up

Oh my falt I didn't know that. That's strange to have the two body styles but your right just looked it up

It's actually not strange at all, KTM does it all the time. Look the 2011 250xcw and 2011 250xc, then again in 2016 look at the 250sx and 150sx