cr80 Can I put a XR80 top end on a CR80??

I have a 83' Honda CR80 and I have to rebuild the top end because I blew it, but I just found a XR80.... can I put a XR80 head on my CR instead of rebuilding the CR's top end?  Will it effect my bikes performance and power if I do that?

Lol, I said that too, but do you think my husband was going to listen to me?.... Women don't know these things. Lol..... So next question then.... What all am I going to need to rebuild the top end? Is there anywhere in specific you would recommend getting the parts from? I wrench on cars.... I'm learning the bikes as we go.

I haven't even pulled it apart yet.  Did compression test and there's little to no compression at all. We're working on our KX250 right now as well... These bikes are trying our patience, but they save our lives.

To do the top end job on that CR80, it really is best to take it apart to inspect everything so you know what parts and services you need. You may need to get the cylinder replated which requires taking it to a shop or mailing it off. In a perfect world, you need a new piston, gaskets and rings. Most kits include these things plus the circlip that holds the piston to the rod. Measure your head and cylinder when you take them apart as that will tell you if your head has been warped which can cause some issues.